[Risus] An Adventurer's Life for Me! IC

mazzoli

First Post
Marcus excuses himself from his discussion with Rozzo and moves off to engage in a hushed conversation with Aka.

"What exactly are you talking about? As I understand it, that list contains all of our options for stocking the dungeon. This is the same as in any shop, where there is but a small list of items with set prices as though there were some force from on high who was not interested in bookkeeping. I was merely getting to the practical matters. Judging from the floor plan we have been provided, we will have need of many of these cheaper mercenaries and cultists if we wish to occupy all of the rooms."

Mlwells

First Post
"What I am getting at is that our benefactor must be a discerning individual. And our enemies have completed numerous quests before, so this rifraff just won't cut it. Now if we were to get creative, our 800 credit limit won't be so bad - as it is now." Aka takes a breath to give time to lining up his response. "Think about it, we are stocking a DUNGEON. If we get a couple shovel bearers and masons we can make our dungeon easy to enter and very difficult to leave. Add a system of speaking tubes and we can be all ready. I am sure the local constable would be more than happy to provide us - after a bit of greasing - with the 'overflow' of the jail. Then we have our own psychos. And this fine establishment can provide with traps and dickery." Aka stops for a moment, "That should be enough to give you an idea."

mazzoli

First Post
"I see your point. Our problem is that we have only a line of credit, from this shop, at our disposal. How are we to pay for all of the extra personnel that you are suggesting. I don't think we could completely stock our employer's dungeon with convicts. Part of the reason they're convicts is that they don't really have any discernible skills. Unskilled labor is fine to a point, but dungeon defense is a fine art at the higher levels of the game and requires a certain something more."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
While Marcus and Aka discuss dungeon defending strategy, Rozzo stands a polite distance away, patiently twiddling his thumbs. From the back of the shoppe, a dull, steady drumbeat begins.

Mlwells

First Post
Half closed eyes stare unemotionally at Marcus. "...you have a very good point about the line of credit thing - bah! Stifling my creativity! Well my expertise is at finegaling my way out of dungeons, not building them. That's a rich philanthropist thing. So I shall leave this part of the job in your able hands." A wrinkle forms to the right of Aka's eye, "What is that racket!" he snaps at the proprietors.

[sblock="ooc"] sorry, been moving and without Internet until theoretically tomorrow. Updating on my phone." [/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Rozzo glances at the door through which the drumming comes and frowns.

"It must be prayer time again for the Dark Cultists. They do not make quite a racket with those drums, but it's better than the mewling and hissing that accompany the animal sacrifices."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"If it would help your deliberations," Rozzo says, raising his voice to be heard above the eerie ululations that pierce the drumbeats, "I could show the backrooms where the actual merchandise is held."

mazzoli

First Post
Marcus responds, "My dear Rozzo, that might be the best course of action. I would like to see exactly what you have available. And now is the chance to see if the rituals of these cultists are sufficiently dark and terrifying for inclusion in a dungeon of the calibre of ours."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"Excellent, excellent," says Rozzo. "Right this way, gentlemen. Oh, that reminds me, the other two adventurers hired by Meckwick are already here. They completely slipped my mind."

Rozzo opens the door in the rear of the antechamber. A wide hallway stretches away, both sides pierced by archways at irregular intervals. Standing near the first arch are the other two adventurers.

[sblock=Retcon Action!]
Four adventurers were hired by Meckwick. The other two, a King Grommet and Risa, were arriving in town via another route. Everyone say, "Hello!"
[/sblock]

Remove ads