[Rogue Trader PbP] The Heir Apparent Act I

Uthic

First Post
Mordekai ponders asking the officers for further details as hears them speak of the pirate attacks, but decides he'll leave that to one of the better adjusted crewmembers, noting the names of the places though and to both follow up with Dallion or any other contact familiar with the Expanse and inform Thraxus. He drains his amasec and keeps strolling between the groups of people at the party

Kaelan

First Post
Macharius half-smiles as he begins to feel more at ease talking to the navigator and replies "This current path is leading me into the Koronus Expanse, and profit else I wouldn't be on a Rogue Trader's ship," he continues "I'm sure my first time navigating through the Maw will be...interesting." He swirls his glass and finishes the last of his amasec as he inquires "Tell me Therum, how many trips have you taken through The Maw and into the Expanse?"

The Bashar

First Post
"I've been through the Maw at least ten times. Jonquin has many holdings out in the Expanse and he likes to make regular visits. The warp routes in the expanse haven't been that well mapped out yet. There is a lot of potential to discover new places and routes. But as you can imagine it can be dangerous."

==============

Jonquin looks at Thraxus as he thinks over the proposal.

"Take some time to think about it. Dinner is about to start and we wouldn't want to keep our host waiting."

Gregor

First Post
Thraxus smiles and begins to walk with Jonquin towards the dinner. "Ahhh yes, dinner. I do hope our Administrator does not have some insipid speech or toast prepared." He drains his glass and places it on a servant's tray as he walks. "I've mulled your proposal over as well and I have a counter offer for you to consider during the meal. The payment sounds sufficient and I give you my word that I would consult you prior to any exploitation opportunities that arise. However, I won't give up more than a 10% cut on the profits. Think it over and come see me after desert. Now lets go see what kind of meal has been prepared."

OOC: Yeesh, I must have a piece of tobacco in my teeth or something!

jammastaj

First Post
Zander pulls his gaze from the view out the foyer window as partygoers around him begin to make their way to dinner. He starts towards the dining room with the others, attempting to find his companions in the crowd. Perhaps some of the others have managed to extract some useful intelligence in the pre-dinner conversation.

The Bashar

First Post
Jonquin raises his eyebrow as he hears Thraxus' counter offer.

"I don't think I'll have to wait until dessert to decide. 30% it is or you'll receive no support from my operations. I am saving you time and money by giving you access to my facilities. I don't mind giving assistance to those who help me, but as I'm sure you know everything has its price and 30% is mine.

Enjoy your dinner, we can talk after."

Jonquin heads to the south end of the table. The page directs Thraxus and his party toward the head of the table near the Administrator. Once everyone is seated the Administrator stands up with his glass held aloft.

"Thank you all for coming this evening! Unfortunately, I believe I feel a chill coming on so I will keep this brief. A toast to our guest of honor this evening Rogue Trader Thraxus Argentum Vespus. A man of bold actions and bold words. May he serve the Imperium well in the Kroronus Expanse!"

With that the Administrator raises his glass high and takes a drink. As he sits back down the servants begin to carry out the first course. Sitting across from Thraxus and his party are a five Naval Officers. They seem more interested in the Rhineuffalo Carppaccio and Calixian Melon than the Rogue Trader and his party. One of them whispers into another's ear and they chuckle.

[sblock="Everyone Except Thraxus"]You hear the officer say "I wonder which one eats with a tube? The walking cogitator or the mutant?"[/sblock]

Last edited:

Uthic

First Post
Mordeaki fixes eyes with the officer making the joke, he smirks and calls to him "Amazing disrespect from one supposedly so dignified towards.." he glances at Zander and then back to the officer "..a techpriest, his kin build and maintain your vaunted ships and.." glancing at Macharius and back "..a Navigator, without whom you wouldn't be much use more than a SDF. I suggest you mind your tongue."

He chuckles and raises his glass to the officers "Oh and enjoy your meal, gentlemen."

The Bashar

First Post
The officer has a look of pure disgust as Mordeaki speaks.

"Pfft, as if you and your companions sit on the same level as those in the service of the Imperial Navy! You are nothing better than brigands! Prancing about the Imperium and the Expanse in your pirate vessel. Oh we know the previous owner of your ship. Have you managed to wash the stink out?"

He then sniffs the air a few times.

"No, it doesn't appear so."

The group of officers laugh at this comment.

jammastaj

First Post
"It would appear that these ones would rather glut themselves on the sounds of their own voices and every morsel within easy reach than bother to act like civilized men," observes Zander, not to the Navy officers but to his companions.

He turns to the others seated around him.

"Has anyone heard any interesting stories of events in the region? I overheard mention of a Space Hulk appearing over False Hope. I wonder where it's from, or what could be on it."

Uthic

First Post
Mordekai rolls his eyes at the officers retort, turning to Zander, he replies "Arrogant fops...nothing of note. Just mentions of pirate activity in the region, around worlds called 'Temple' and 'Witch Cursed World'" He shrugs "Worth keeping in mind once we cast off."

He takes a drink of his amasec and laughs, glancing at the officers across the table "I guess the Navy here spends more time trying to sharpen their wit than practicing their gunnery. "

Remove ads