Rogues and Melee Basic Attacks

peliaos

First Post
it was an honest question, and I am aware of the feat. However, the majority of this thread was about alternative ways than Melee Training, and even some homebrew suggestions. Then add in how many people made their suggestions/advice/comments about how strength as a secondary score makes it unnecessary for strikers but there are still some strikers that don't use it and you get why I asked about it.

pemerton

Legend
That is because the thread is older than PH2, that was released March 2009. There was no Melee Training feat at the time.
Exactly. The Melee Training feat makes the whole thread redundant. And that redundancy is further compounded by the Essentials Rogue and Assassin that can use DEX to make their basic attacks.

Tony Vargas

Legend
But, hey, welcome to the forums, peliaos.

As for this time travel back to 2008, my opinion back then was that one of the perks of classes/builds that had a use for STR (Fighter, Warlord, Avenging Paladin, Battle Cleric, Brutal Scoundrel Rogue, TWF Ranger) was being able to make solid melee basic attacks, particularly OAs and Charging - that is, relative to other more esoteric melee types like the 'Pretty' Paladin or Artful Dodger Rogue - and that messing with that via at-will powers useable as MBAs or feats like Intelligent Blademaster shortchanged those classes & builds. FWIW.

Remove ads