• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[RPG] XP & money awards

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
When you notice that you can kill the next monster up easily, it's usually worthwhile to graduate. The better rewards lead to faster equipment upgrades.

-blarg

blargney the second said:
When you notice that you can kill the next monster up easily, it's usually worthwhile to graduate. The better rewards lead to faster equipment upgrades.

-blarg
Eille le malade! :)

Level 13 here. Very little money. Still fighting kobolds because anything tougher will cost me more in healing than it will bring back in rewards. :\

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Altamont Ravenard said:
Eille le malade! :)

Level 13 here. Very little money. Still fighting kobolds because anything tougher will cost me more in healing than it will bring back in rewards. :\

Bunnies give a better reward than kobolds. Kack them until you have good enough equipment to take on orcs. Then go to wraiths, they're surprisingly easy!

-blarg

Pyrex

First Post
That's why I recommended the bunny at the stats it's at.

It's not supposed to win.

It's there to give people an alternative to spamming-for-cash when they need healing. :)

the Jester

Legend
Pyrex said:
That's why I recommended the bunny at the stats it's at.

It's not supposed to win.

It's there to give people an alternative to spamming-for-cash when they need healing. :)

I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment.

I killed the bunny a bunch today, mostly cuz I wanted to get ahead instead of having to be a post whore to heal myself.

diaglo

Adventurer
killed my first orc. boy, it was fun. :D

now the kobold and the skeleton aren't getting me much. but they still cost more in healing than they do in gains. esp. the skeleton. ;)

Seonaid

Explorer
Morrus said:
I'd suggest two changes: a) only award experience for a victory; b) give experience depending on the level difference between the two combatants OR make the experience needed for the next level increase at each level, and have set experience awards for defeating opponents of certain levels.
Is XP given for each hit, or each battle? (Sorry for being unobservant.) If it's for each hit, I don't like the idea of giving XP only for winning (and that would seem hard to do anyway). If it's for each battle, I still don't like the idea, but perhaps the XP amount could be halved (or more)?

I like the other two ideas better, the XP based on level difference (I've liked that since it was first brought up) and having level increases based on the d20 system.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads