RS2: The Tokyo Problem (Velmont Judging)

Stormwind

First Post
There is a polite knock on the door of the briefing room, and after a short pause, a short young woman walks in and seeing the woman in military uniform, she stops and salutes sharply. "Please excuse my tardiness major. Scout provisionally reporting for duty."

Scout is now dressed in a green and gray resolute uniform yet she retains her black leather boots.

[sblock=OOC]@All: Although Scout is not yet approved, she may be joining you (with Raylis's approval of course)

@Raylis: I am not at all concerned with the mission awards. It doesn't worry me at all if Scout doesn't receive anything due to not yet being approved.[/sblock]

modus666

First Post
Gauntlet tilts his head quizzically at the images of large monsters and ninjas as he sits.

"I am being more than happy to assist, Major. My abilities are more in department of direct attack, however. I will have to be leaving to others the job of detective work, da? From what I see though... looks like someone stealing directly form movies...

What happens during these attacks?"

He looks to the others, hoping they can contribute those skills. The large russian had little fear of injury, anything less than death he could recover from... but minute details and investigation were beyond the scope of his powers and skills.

Raylis

First Post
The Major motions scout to a seat, "Collateral damage, to put it briefly. From what intelligence we have been given these monsters appear, start destroying things battle anyone who attacks them and then vanish as mysteriously as they appear. Preventing these creatures from laying waste to the city will be a part of your mission, no less important then finding the person, or people, behind them."

Stormwind

First Post
Scout takes a seat and watches the images on the viewscreens carefully as Gauntlet and the Major speak, her mind already considering the mission goals detailed thus far. She files Gauntlet's comments on his area of expertise at the back of her mind for later, focusing on the briefing and the mission details for now.

After a few moments she turns toward the young major, and although she speaks quietly, her crisp voice that cuts through the room, "Who has been responsible for handling the situation up to this point, and will we have access to any further material that may have already been gathered during previous investigations?"

Victor_Von

First Post
Stormwind said:
Scout takes a seat and watches the images on the viewscreens carefully as Gauntlet and the Major speak, her mind already considering the mission goals detailed thus far. She files Gauntlet's comments on his area of expertise at the back of her mind for later, focusing on the briefing and the mission details for now.

After a few moments she turns toward the young major, and although she speaks quietly, her crisp voice that cuts through the room, "Who has been responsible for handling the situation up to this point, and will we have access to any further material that may have already been gathered during previous investigations?"

"Is very good question," Gus says in his strangely accented English. "Also, am wondering, is there particular time attacks have been happening? As dream person, abilities differ radically from night to day."

D.Shaffer

First Post
As Marie watched the footage, something one of the others said sprung to mind.

modus666 said:
Gauntlet said .... "looks like someone stealing directly form movies..."

"Uh, Major? This might sound stupid, but has anyone actually, you know, tried to ID these creatures from any movies or shows? 'Cause some of these look REALLY familiar. "

[sblock=OOC]Well, I have a god awfully high pop culture knowledge. Might as well put it to use if I'm not barking up the wrong tree here.

Knowledge Pop-Culture 1d20+12=17 [/sblock]

Rhialto

First Post
Maddy leans back in her chair, and shuts her eyes. "Well, as I'm no good at detective work, just tell me when we're getting to the 'hitting things' part."

Raylis

First Post
Stormwind said:
"Who has been responsible for handling the situation up to this point, and will we have access to any further material that may have already been gathered during previous investigations?"

"Responsibility was escelating from local police to military to metahumans. Two such metahumans have agreed to host you and give you the information they gathered during the battles.

Victor Von said:
Is very good question," Gus says in his strangely accented English. "Also, am wondering, is there particular time attacks have been happening? As dream person, abilities differ radically from night to day."

"The first recorded attack was at 1800 hours. The following night, 2000 hours, the following morning 800 hours

D.Shaffer said:
"Uh, Major? This might sound stupid, but has anyone actually, you know, tried to ID these creatures from any movies or shows? 'Cause some of these look REALLY familiar.

"As far as I know, they remain unidentified.

Marie recognizes Godzilla, the robot from Iron Giant, and ninja from the Ninja Gaiden video game.

modus666

First Post
Gauntlet adjusts hisposition in his chait slightly.

"Well, looks like we can be doing little else until we are getting there. When do we make for leaving, Major?"

Gauntlet leans over and whispers to Gus...

"Glad to be having you along, comrade."

Remove ads