RS2: The Tokyo Problem (Velmont Judging)

Nimbus

First Post
Nimbus almost resembles a deer caught in headlights for a moment as she watches the monsters on the screen. She takes a sharp intake of breath, letting it out slowly, biting her lip a little. Then, the momentary panic leaves as her brows furrow in thought over what she might need.

Last edited:

modus666

First Post
Gauntlet notices the momentary fear that washes over Nimbus. As he stands from his seat, he says. "Don't worry, you have Gauntlet and Mr. Scares here. We handle the heavy work, nothing will be happening to you." He tosses Gus a conspiritorial wink before moving on.

He looks to the major, "I am needin only ammunition for my guns. I have and will load onto jet."

He turns to the others. "Is anyone else need for help loading? I make good forklift."

Gauntlet seems confident and cordial as the group begins to move and make preparations.

Stormwind

First Post
Scout listens carefully to the different questions and information given in the discussion, the turns back to face the young major, "Thank you Major. One last question before we go, the two metahumans who have agreed to host us, ... what are their names?"

[sblock=Raylis (GM only)]Are the photos/images shown in the briefing sufficient for teleporting to Tokyo?

If not then while the others are loading the vigilant, Scout will disappear for a few moments. Teleport high into air in the general area of Japan (Long range, standard action), and then use her general knowledge of geography to locate Tokyo and LoS teleport around until she finds an appropriate place in Tokyo (rooftop or something). With Change Velocity she can zero her velocity each time she 'ports, and since teleporting is a free action for her she should be able to teleport at least 3x per round (once as free, twice as move). Then with an accurate picture of Tokyo she will teleport back to the vigilant. Note that while teleporting around, she will 'hide in plain sight' whenever necessary (Stealth check: take 10, +30)[/sblock]
After the major replies, Scout follows the others down to the waiting Vigilant. Once everyone is onboard, she turns to face the others and again speaks in that clear crisp voice, "I think that we may have an opportunity here. The activities of the Resolutes are not so secret as I would like, thus if we consider the worst case, then there is a possibility that our movements and arrival may be a known factor. I propose that I teleport some, or all, of us to Tokyo, we do a careful reconnaissance being sure not to be noticed, and then, as the vigilant arrives in Tokyo, I teleport us back into the vigilant and we disembark as planned. This would allow us to get an early, uninterupted look at the situation."

"Nimbus, whilst we were talking before, you mentioned that you can bend the light around yourself or others, making people invisible. Could you do that for all of us for an extended period of time?"

[sblock=Nimbus]You have Affect others and three levels of progression for Concealment, but the text directly below it states that you can make 5 others invisible by touch.

Shouldn't 3 levels of progression put you one step further at 10 people? (Affect others lets you affect 1 other person, Progression 1 -> 2 other people, Progression 2 -> 5 other people, Progression 3 -> 10 other people)[/sblock]
"Mecha Musume, I think that your and Gauntlet's idea about these things being manifestations from movies or TV is worth checking out. Perhaps checking the movie and TV schedules for 1800, 2000 and 0800 hours on the corresponding days would be worthwhile."

"However before we go anywhere, I think we should have a better idea of what each of our teammates can do. For myself, I am a teleporter, and can teleport myself or others. I have worked in the Finnish military and within the Finnish contingent of the UN forces for several years."

Scout pauses a moment, then adds "Also can anyone here understand or speak Japanese?"

Her eyes look over the other Resolutes before her, awaiting their responses.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC from the judge]
Stormwind said:
You have Affect others and three levels of progression for Concealment, but the text directly below it states that you can make 5 others invisible by touch.

Shouldn't 3 levels of progression put you one step further at 10 people? (Affect others lets you affect 1 other person, Progression 1 -> 2 other people, Progression 2 -> 5 other people, Progression 3 -> 10 other people)

Yes, you are right. Affect other allow to affect only one person. Each rank in porgression allow you to go up one in the porgression table. 1 target is rank 0 progression. 2 target is rank 1 progression. 5 target is rank 2 progression. 10 target is rank 3 progression.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

D.Shaffer

First Post
Stormwind said:
"Also can anyone here understand or speak Japanese?"
"Hai hai! *Translated* I know a bit here and there. Although I'm told I have a horrible accent */translated*" She grins. "In any case, while some of them are from various movies, a few of them are from video games." She points at one of the screens. "Like those guys there. That said, it's probably a good idea to check the schedules. Oh and uh...I can blow stuff up good and do the spirit talking thing. Can possibly scout around the area and see if any of the local kami feel like talking."

Nimbus

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC System stuff]
Velmont said:
Yes, you are right. Affect other allow to affect only one person. Each rank in progression allow you to go up one in the progression table. 1 target is rank 0 progression. 2 target is rank 1 progression. 5 target is rank 2 progression. 10 target is rank 3 progression.

See, this is why having people look over your sheet is good, especially when you don't quite get the system. Guess the character approver missed this one. I just shot an email to him about the change.

Though I think I just realized... as long as Nimbus doesn't fall unconscious (or sleep), the people she uses this power on just continue to have it for as long as she wants, with no effort from her... that's kinda sick. You'd think it would have a range or something. Clarification? Is that right?[/SBLOCK]

Scout said:
"Nimbus, whilst we were talking before, you mentioned that you can bend the light around yourself or others, making people invisible. Could you do that for all of us for an extended period of time?"

"I can do that. You can even turn it on and off whenever you want. It comes under your control, until I cancel it or sleep."

She smiles a little. "I'll just have to not sleep while we're sneaking around."

She glances at Gauntlet. "It can even be sustained in combat. Huge tactical advantage, having your enemies not be able to see you. Though with monsters that large, it might not matter. Stepping on you still goes squish."

Victor_Von

First Post
modus666 said:
Gauntlet adjusts hisposition in his chait slightly.

"Well, looks like we can be doing little else until we are getting there. When do we make for leaving, Major?"

Gauntlet leans over and whispers to Gus...

"Glad to be having you along, comrade."

"Da. Am glad to have friendly face in first mission."

Victor_Von

First Post
"This is clever plan, Scout. Yes, arriving ahead of schedule is very good thought." Crooked teeth half seem to spring out of his mouth as Gus smiles broadly.

"Am speaking all languages equally badly. Japanese should not be problem."

"In terms of other... talents, there is overlap. I can walk from one shadow to another, not unlike teleport. I can also make self unseen. By day, am... less solid. Able to pass through things. By night, am stronger. Much harder to hurt."

Gus screws his face up, obviously searching for the right words.

"Am also... scary person. Can find fears inside minds, reflect them, become them. Is not friend-winning skill, but is very deep part of self."

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC System stuff]
Nimbus said:
See, this is why having people look over your sheet is good, especially when you don't quite get the system. Guess the character approver missed this one. I just shot an email to him about the change.

Though I think I just realized... as long as Nimbus doesn't fall unconscious (or sleep), the people she uses this power on just continue to have it for as long as she wants, with no effort from her... that's kinda sick. You'd think it would have a range or something. Clarification? Is that right?

You can conceal one person per action that you touch and can maintain it until you get stunned, become unconscious or go to sleep. You can activate your power on 10 person and yourself.

If you think it strong, dont' forget that you still show up on radar or blindsight or many other options... and in the middle of a combat, becoming stun happen quickly and everyone will reappear. By experience, it is strong to be invisible (and that's why it cost twice as much as other senses) but there is many way to see throught it. Don't forget, you'll meet many villain and they have super powers too. And invisibility doesn't mean invulnerability either...[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads