RS2: The Tokyo Problem (Velmont Judging)

Raylis

First Post
The Major taps a few keys on a tablet in front of her "Kensai and Oni-Kage are the names of the metahumans you will be staying with. If there are no other questions, I suggest you prepare yourselves and board the Vigiliant

modus666

First Post
Gauntlet listens to Nimbus, Gus, Marie, and Scout as they describe their abilities in brief.

"My arms are my primary weapons. I can be lifting about 24 tons without too much trouble. Most useful up close. Am good with wrestling though... Godzilla-sized lizard may being problem. I am having machineguns built in but... I will not using those on people.

Machines inside body let me run fast and jump high, and I am hard to hurt permanently. Can take bazooka blast to chest... usually. If damage is nonlethal, not likely to be staying down for long.

One who... made me this way did not make machine parts just right. Strong magnets make me weak. Because of that I can... feel strong magnetic fields around me.

I am knowing a lot about how buildings are made and how to work machines. Was in construction business... before."

Rhialto

First Post
Maddy stands up as the Major finishes her speech. "I'm good. Go to Japan. Beat up giant monsters. Figure out who's behind them."

She cracks her knuckles. "I'm gonna concentrate on the first part myself. Know your strengths, and all that."

D.Shaffer

First Post
"Oni-Kage? He sounds fun. Just give me a few minutes to shift into a form more suitable for travel." She paused a second. "Where is it anyways? I dont think I ever got a map of the place."

Victor_Von

First Post
D.Shaffer said:
"Oni-Kage? He sounds fun. Just give me a few minutes to shift into a form more suitable for travel." She paused a second. "Where is it anyways? I dont think I ever got a map of the place."

"Yes, is good name. He and I will have much in common, I am thinking," Gus says with a chuckle.

Nimbus

First Post
Nimbus stares thoughtfully at the screens showing the monsters.

"How long before we go in, Scout?"

She tears her eyes away from the screens filled with monsters, turning toward Scout. The difference in how she holds herself is obvious. Before, in the Ready Lounge, she was a somewhat shy artist, even when showing what she could do. But this was serious, and it showed in her bearing, at the very least in that she switched from calling the other woman 'Marie,' to her codename, 'Scout.'

"You all might need a minute or two to figure out how to turn this on and off."

Last edited:

D.Shaffer

First Post
Nimbus said:
But this was serious, and it showed in her bearing, at the very least in that she switched from calling the other woman 'Marie,' to her codename, 'Scout.'
[sblock=OOC]Heh. Just for clarification. Scout is Maria. Mecha Musume is Marie. Good thing we're starting to switch to code names or I think we'd see oodles of confusion[/sblock]"It cant be that hard. If nothing else, I could just ask it."

Stormwind

First Post
[sblock=OOC]@Nimbus: Actually Scout's real name is Ulla-Maria. Marie is Mecha Musume.

You can conceal one person per action that you touch and can maintain it until you get stunned, become unconscious or go to sleep. You can activate your power on 10 person and yourself.

If you think it strong, dont' forget that you still show up on radar or blindsight or many other options... and in the middle of a combat, becoming stun happen quickly and everyone will reappear. By experience, it is strong to be invisible (and that's why it cost twice as much as other senses) but there is many way to see throught it. Don't forget, you'll meet many villain and they have super powers too. And invisibility doesn't mean invulnerability either...
@Velmont: Are you sure that Nimbus can only affect one person per activation of the power? For example, consider teleport with affect others and progression, in that case it doesn't make any sense to be limited to one person per activation of the power (as long as you can touch/target then all). Is Nimbus's case I would have thought that she could affect up to 10 people with one activation of the power as long as she was touching them all.[/sblock]
Scout replies to Nimbus, "I'll 'port us as soon as we are all aboard the Vigilant and are ready to leave."

Before leaving, Scout speaks to the pilot of the Vigilant and informs him of the situation and the fact that his passengers won't be onboard for most of the trip. She also checks their arrival time and synchronizes the time on her phone.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[sblock=OOC System stuff]
Stormwind said:
@Velmont: Are you sure that Nimbus can only affect one person per activation of the power? For example, consider teleport with affect others and progression, in that case it doesn't make any sense to be limited to one person per activation of the power (as long as you can touch/target then all). Is Nimbus's case I would have thought that she could affect up to 10 people with one activation of the power as long as she was touching them all.

Affecting more than a single person with a power is covered with the area extra and the selective power feat. It's just like you ask me if stun can affact more than one target per use... not without the good extra.

But I want to attract your attention on that. Affect others doesn't target a person, it give the power to that person and it has total power over it. So, Nimbus could give the power to everyone in the group and everyone could become invisible or visible at will, just like they had the power, but they still will become all visible if Nimbus is stunned or is unbale to maintain her power.

Same thing for your teleport. That mean someone else could teleport himself just as he has the power yuo have given it, but everyone (inclding you) will need a standard action to use teleport and if you get stun, or decide to use an other teleport in your array, everyone would lose access to teleport.

So, it make a lot of sense that you can affect only one person at a time with affect other, as you don't teleport your target, you give him the power to teleport himself. If you want to teleport a person against his will, it is an attack extra that is needed. For a group, it is an attack extra combine with an area.

hope it help.[/sblock]

Nimbus

First Post
[sblock=OOC System stuff]
Velmont said:
So, it make a lot of sense that you can affect only one person at a time with affect other, as you don't teleport your target, you give him the power to teleport himself. If you want to teleport a person against his will, it is an attack extra that is needed. For a group, it is an attack extra combine with an area.

I knew I'd be getting the wrong things somehow. Oh well. This works.[/sblock]

"Guess I'll get started then."

Leaning over the table, she touches Scout's hand. She takes her time, to make sure the power takes to each person. Standing, she brushes Maddy's shoulder, followed by Mecha Musume. Mr. Scares gets a smile, and is passed over. Instead, she holds her hand out to Gauntlet.

With each transference, there is no feeling to it. It doesn't feel as if anything has changed.

[SBLOCK] Spending the necessary time to "Affect Others" with Concealment.[/sblock]

Remove ads