Ruins of the Dragon Lord - Review?

Bagpuss

Legend
MongooseMatt said:
Guys, there is room in the market for more than one big camapign :)

Truth, I'ld like several that way I have a choice, I've got Shackled City through Dungeon anyway, not particularly found of Drow, and I'ld like to see high production values and "extras" in big boxed set mega-campaigns. So there is still a gap in the market for the product I'm looking for.

catsclaw227

First Post
MongooseMatt said:
Guys, there is room in the market for more than one big camapign :)

As for the second and third Drow War books, they'll be out and about in just a few weeks. . .

And therefore --- I am also looking forward to the Horned God books as well. I understand from a previous post somewhere else that it's stuck in editing until you free up some resources. Any ideas when?

Catsclaw

Crothian

First Post
Well, as I said before I bought it and read a bit and then left a trail of bedcrumbs to it but there were other trails and the PCs choose a different one.

Razuur

First Post
Mystery Man said:
It's Mongoose so it will be overpriced, filled with errors and incomplete incounters.

The irony here is that this was posted by someone who spelled encounters with an 'i'.

What is that old saying about glass houses and stones?

Razuur

Mystery Man

First Post
Razuur said:
The irony here is that this was posted by someone who spelled encounters with an 'i'.

What is that old saying about glass houses and stones?

Razuur

What is even more ironic, no not ironic, tragic is that you don't know the definition of irony.

And normally I spell encounters with an "e" or maybe I was demonstrating my point....with an error. You just never know do ya?

Razuur

First Post
Your right, I had no idea of your intention...

All I know is that I get tired of people being jerks on boards.

Your entire post existed to be rude and get some chump to bite.

Well I guess some chump did.

Well the chump ain't gonna bite again.

Razuur

Mystery Man

First Post
Razuur said:
Your right, I had no idea of your intention...

All I know is that I get tired of people being jerks on boards.

Who was being the jerk? Making smartass comment about a typo?

Razuur said:
Your entire post existed to be rude and get some chump to bite.

Well I guess some chump did.

Well the chump ain't gonna bite again.

Razuur

Actually my opinion was based on my experience with Mongoose books. Example: their Classic Play books, The book of Encounters was shoddily done with grammatical errors and the encounters (many of them) were just flawed. I can't even get a decent trade for it at my FLGS. Many of their books are overpriced (personal opinion) and the structure, spine, paper etc, of many of their books is horrible.

To their credit, the Travellers Tales books are cool but not enough to get me to spend money on them again.

Razuur

First Post
Mystery Man,

What you said in your last post was great. You stated your opinion with well thought out non-abrasive reasons. Your first post came off as real sarcastic.

If you would have politely said what you said in your last paragraph the first time around, I wouldn't have had a problem. It wasn't your opinion that irked me, it was the way you said it.

I just get tired of people flagging off at companies, especially when the company has recognized the problem and tried to rectify it. Ifelt the same way when people were cracking jokes at FFG wondering if the Midnight second edition was going to have a bad binding too.

I respect your opinion, and in some cases agree with it where Mongoose's past is concerned. But they are contstantly striving for improvement, and have even posted that their products were going to get more affordable in the future.

Any you are right on the defintition of Irony. Thanks for pointing that out.

Razuur

Last edited:

Remove ads