Run for Your Lives! The Slivers are Comming!

Bulak

First Post
Very cool stuff.
Just too bad I don't recognize most sliver names. I don't know if that's because they weren't around yet when I played M:tG, or if I forgot about them...
Well, I still remember the Sliver Queen, of course. IIRC first (real) card with all five colors. Very cool.
CR 25. Very cool as well.

I might even still have some of those cards somewhere...

Bulak

First Post
Well, I stopped playing Magic somewhere at the beginning of the Rath Cycle, IIRC. I do know the Metallic Sliver... :)

Heh. I just found my old magic-box and map. They're just sitting there, collecting dust. I thought I sold almost everything, but I guess I kept quite a lot. Even my still-as-good-as-new Beserk. That was an expensive card back in the days...
Ah... the nostalgia... :D

I haven't seen any slivers yet, but I'm sure they're in there somewhere...

Krishnath

First Post
On a non sliver note: Berserk is no longer limited in type 1. :D And it is still an expensive card. You know you really should start playing magic again... Onslaught/legions/scourge takes a page from the old book of magic, and personally, the new dragons rock! :D

Bulak

First Post
Well, my money is mostly spent on RPG-stuff these days. Same goes for my former Magic-friends (now my RPG crew).

But I must say, the art on newer cards is very tempting...

Krishnath

First Post
For me it's not that hard a choice, there is only released three MTG sets a year, and I carefully evaluate any RPG book before I buy it, so it's not that hard on me. Although 8th edition will be released around the same time as the revised core books, so that will be a hard choice to make.....

Krishnath

First Post
Yeah, I feel your pain, 6th sucked donkeys uncle, but fortunatly seventh fixed the problems, as well as providing some of the most popular reprints ever: Shivan Dragon, Mahamothi Djinn, and Serra Angel :D, since 7th was released, each set has a reprint of an old card, the latest was White Knight in Legion, and since scourge hasn't been released yet, we do not now what the reprint will be in that set, but we do know it has a Wheel of Fortune and a Fork variant. Both in creatures, and the Fork is reusable and blue! Now that just rocks! The set will also have a red Lich variant, that sets your life at 5, but heals you to 5 at the end of each turn (yes each turn, including your opponents) And allows you to Ping for three during your upkeep for free! Additionally it works as a moat, preventing non-flyers from attacking you. :D

Devon

First Post
When I played oh so long ago, I always wanted a Nerf Golem MTG card... pay x mana to tap any one creature... picture of a charcoal-colored golem jumping up and down on another creature.

Ended up making it into an AD&D 2e creature -- perhaps I can convert it to 3e...

- Devon

Wolf72

Explorer
*wolf thinks there are to many M:tG cards ...*

my brother has binders full of them ... but most are obsolete know, I guess.

Remove ads