Run for Your Lives! The Slivers are Comming!

Knight Otu

First Post
Krishnath said:
To be honest, I had a hard time deciding on wether or not to make the slivers aberrations or outsiders. I eventually went with outsiders, as they are of extra planar origin after all.

Any other comments on the two above slivers, and the sliver society and other 'fluff'?

I think it's a toss up between aberration and outsider, but overall, aberration seems to be closer, imho.

I think I would have given the metallic sliver a lower Int score.

So multiple queens are possible? Not sure if I had gone that route.

Krishnath

First Post
The main reason I went with outsider indtead of aberration is due to the outsiders better saves and combat stats. IMHO that outways the aberrations greater number of feats.

And regarding the queen, yes, multiple queens are possible, just not in the same hive, and since there is rarely (read never) more than one hive per world, it doesn't really matter.

As for the metallic sliver, it doesn't really matter if it has 2 or 3 in int does it? I mean, since it does have the sliver qualities and all, a 3 in int just seemed appopriate, as it puts it on par with the proto-sliver.

Stupid Fact: All (known) slivers are female.

Edit: Forgot the color closer.

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
Actually, I was aiming at an Intelligence of 1 or even / for the metallic sliver, but then again, I seem to remember that the MtG description says that Volrath created them to get a better control over the hives. :)

Stupid fact: The word grammar checker wouldn't like the above sentence.

Krishnath

First Post
So he did, to bad they rebelled against him by helping Karn recover the legacy... :D

Another stupid fact: Slivers have a high mutation rate, new types can be spawned within one or two generations.

Later,

Krishnath

First Post
Two lesser slivers for your enjoyment: Clot and Heart Sliver.

Hope you like them, comments and (constructive) critizism are welcome as always.

Clot Sliver
Medium-Size Outsider (Sliver)
Hit Dice: 2d8+2 (11 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30', Climb 30'
AC: 14 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
Attacks: Claw +3 melee and bite -2 melee
Damage: Claw 1d4+1, bite 1d6+1
Face/Reach: 5' by 5'/5'
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Sliver qualities, regeneration 1, shared ability.
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +4
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 4, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Climb +11 (+8), Jump +3, Listen +4 (+2), Spot +4 (+2), Swim +3
Feats: Alertness

Climate/Terrain: Any underground
Organization: Swarm (20-80), Hive (Several thousand slivers and a queen)
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: None
Alignment: Neutral
Advancement: 3-6 HD (Medium-Size)

Clot slivers have gray or pale white skin, othervise they look much like in the standard sliver description. They are about 4' long.

Combat:
Clot slivers are almost allways part of the first wave of attackers, using their regeneration ability to great effects.
Regeneration (Ex): Fire and acid deal normal damage to a clot sliver.
Shared Ability (Ex): All slivers within 60' of the clot sliver, gain regeneration: 1, this can be negated with fire or acid.

-

Heart Sliver
Hit Dice:
2d8+2 (9 hp)
Initiative: +6 (+2 Dex, Improved Initiative)
Speed: 30', climb 30'
Special Qualities: Sliver qualities, shared ability.
Skills: Climb +11 (+8), Jump +3, Listen +5 (+2), Spot +5 (+2), Swim +3
Feats: Alertness, Improved Initiative (B),

Heart slivers look like they are covered in bony plates, and are usually white or a pale gray in color. They usually reach about 4'6'' in length.

Combat:
Heart slivers are the most aggressive of all slivers, attacking all non-sliver creatures on sight.
Shared Ability (Ex): All slivers within 60' of a heart sliver gain access to the Improved Initiative feat, as though they possesed it themselves.

Later,

las

First Post
just amkeing shore of this but shared ability dont stack right if they did things can go a litlle far(In the rong way for the people fighting them).

Krishnath

First Post
Oh, they stack, if applicable, for example, the regeneration from the clot sliver does stack, but the 'virtual' improved initiative does not, as feats cannot stack unless the feat specifically says it can. So if you have a swarm of 10 clot slivers and 10 heart slivers, they all have regeneration 10 and improved initiative.

makes sense? :D

The slivers aren't really designed to be a low level threat after all. If you meet one sliver, you can be pretty damn sure that there are other slivers nearby...

Later,

Krishnath

First Post
Two more slivers: Muscle and Talon.

Hope you like them, comments and constructive critizism are as always welcome.

Muscle Sliver
Hit Dice:
2d8+4 (13 hp)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: 30', Climb 30'
Attacks: 2 claws +4 melee and bite -1 melee
Damage: Claw 1d4+2, bite 1d6+1
Special Qualities: Sliver Qualities, shared abilities.
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 4, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Climb +12 (+8), Jump +4, Listen +5 (+2), Spot +5 (+2), Swim +4
Feats: Alertness

Muscle Slivers are very different from other slivers in appearance, standing almost 6' tall, their hulking bodies covered in powerfull muscles. Unlike other slivers they are legged and thus lack the characteristic tentacle 'tails' that other slivers possess, in addition they have two arms, that each end in powerfull and dexterous three-fingered hands, each finger ending in a powerfull claw. The skin of the muscle sliver is usually a dull or sandy brown.

Combat:
Muscle slivers enter combat swinging their mighty claws, ignoring all damage until either they or there prey are dead.
Shared Ability (Ex): All slivers within 60' of a muscle sliver gets bigger, thougher and stronger, growing a couple of inches and getting a +2 bonus to their strength and constitution scores. Increasing their hp, attack modifiers and damage.

Talon Sliver
Medium-Sized Outsider (Sliver)
Hit Dice:
2d8+2 (11 hp)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: 30', climb 30'
AC: 14 (+2 Dex, +2 Natural)
Special Qualities: Sliver qualities, shared abilities
Skills: Climb +11 (+8), Jump +3, Listen +5 (+2), Spot +5 (+2), Swim +3,
Feats: Alertness, Dodge (b), Mobility (b),

Talon slivers are a deep blue in color, with red patterns on their torso, head and claw. They average a length of about 5'.

Combat:
Talon slivers are built for close combat, being very agile and agressive.
Shared Ability (Ex): All slivers within 60' of a talon sliver gains access to the dodge and mobility feats, as though they possesed the feats themselves.

Later,

Remove ads