Run for Your Lives! The Slivers are Comming!

blackshirt5

First Post
Me likey, probably not gonna include them as a threat in this campaign I'm running now, but the next campaign(only because I've only seen a few basic slivers, but maybe I'll include them as a starting sliver hive in the Underdark for my players to run into).

BTW, couldja gimme a little help on the details of figuring out the Slivers CRs, as a group? It seems like they'd escalate pretty quickly.

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
blackshirt5 said:
BTW, couldja gimme a little help on the details of figuring out the Slivers CRs, as a group? It seems like they'd escalate pretty quickly.

That's about the only problem I see about them. Maybe use the Encounter Level as the CR for a single encounter?

Krishnath

First Post
blackshirt: Well, I hope your players are of high level (above level 10) otherwise they will be slaughtered pretty quickly...

12 lesser (CR 1) slivers are a have an encounter level of 8. So I would say that 20 slivers would be roughly a 10 level encounter. Using the EL as the CR for the encounter is probably the easiest way to fix the experience aspect of the encounter, and is the way I use.

And remember, slivers don't know fear.

By the way, the winged and armor slivers will be arriving soon. :D

Clay_More

First Post
By this I mean, a group of even 20 slivers would be a pretty nifty threat. 10 Muscle and 10 Cloth slivers could probably kill a group of 8 th. level character (unless one of the characters knew me new spell "Anti-Sliver Flak Cannon Summoning"). 80 is even harder to slay and when you encounter a Hive, it would be virtually imbeatable (which though is something I can live with).

Are there going to be any spellcasting slivers?

Krishnath

First Post
The minimum number of slivers encounterable is as low as you want to, but I recommend you use at least a swarm (minimum 20) when using lesser slivers.

And yes, there will be slivers that cast spells, eventually. But usually they will just have spell-like (as the Mnemonic) or psionic (as the Mindwhip) abilities. But it is quite possible for the more sentient types to learn spellcasting/psionics although druid and cleric slivers would be exceedingly rare.

Later,

Krishnath

First Post
Two more slivers! Winged and Armor

Hope you like 'em as much as the others, comments are welcome as allways.
And for the record, the winged is a lesser sliver, the armor is a greater.

Winged Sliver
Medium-Size Outsider (Sliver)
Hit Dice:
2d8+2 (11 hp)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: 30', Climb 30', fly 30' (average)
AC: 14 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
Attacks: Claw +3 melee and bite -2 melee
Damage: Claw 1d4+1, bite 1d6+1
Face/Reach: 5' by 5'/5'
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Sliver qualities, shared abilities,
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +4
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 4, Wis 12, Cha 6
Feats: Alertness, Flyby Attack (b),

Climate/Terrain: Any underground
Organization: Swarm (20-80), Hive (Several thousand slivers and a queen)
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: None
Alignment: Neutral
Advancement: 3-6 HD (Medium-Size)

Winged slivers are very beautiful creatures, their bodyshape is that of the average sliver, but they have large batlike wings that make them look a lot like ptranodons. Their coloration is basically a deep black, with orange patterns on their back, abdomen and on the top side of their wings. On their beaked heads and on the lower side of their wings they are snowy white.in coloration.

Combat:
Winged slivers use their ability to fly with great effect in combat, swooping in upon their prey in large numbers, using their scythelike claw to slash their prey, before swooping up and repeating the attack run.
Shared Ability (Ex): All slivers within 60' of the winged sliver grow wings, gain a fly speed of 30' (average), and gain access to the flyby attack feat as if they possessed it themselves.

-

Armor Sliver
Medium-Sized Outsider (Sliver)
Hit Dice:
4d8+8 (26 hp)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: 30', climb 30'
AC: 18 (+2 Dex, +6 natural)
Attacks: Claw +6 melee and bite +1 melee
Damage: Claw 1d4+2, Bite 1d6+1
Face/Reach: 5' by 5'/5'
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Sliver qualities, Shared Traits
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +6
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 10
Skills: Balance +6, Climb +14 (+8), Jump +6, Listen +8 (+2), Spot +8 (+2), Swim +6,
Feats: Alertness, Combat Reflexes,

Climate/Terrain: Any underground
Organization: Swarm (20-80), Hive (Several thousand slivers and a queen)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Neutral
Advancement: 5-6 HD (Medium-Size); 7-12 HD (Large)

Belonging to a group of somewhat larger and more powerfull slivers than the average sliver, the Armor Sliver and it's kindred are a force to be reckoned with.
A brownish gray in color and with a black chitinous outer skeleton, the Armor Sliver often reaches a length of 6' or more.

Combat:
Armor Slivers usually hang back while their lesser kin takes advantage of their increases AC, if forced into combat though, the armor sliver attacks with it's large claw to the best of it's ability, attacking whatever foe is the closest..
Shared Ability (Ex): All slivers within 60' of the armor sliver grow large chitinious plates that cover their bodies, increasing their natural armor bonus by 2. This ability is cummulative.

Later, :D

Remove ads