Running a Greyhawk campaign

grodog

Hero
Thurbane said:
I guess I'm mainly looking to have the campaign setting as a backdrop for my own adventures, with some details on cities and the countryside, as well as notable persons and organizations.

That sounds like you'll be most interested in the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, to me, then, or perhaps even just the D&D Gaz., which is a 32 page summary/intro to GH (vs. the LGG's 192 pages). If you're going to leverage the city of Greyhawk itself, I would recommend that you find a copy of Living Greyhawk Journal #2 (or pull the map from Maldin's website, referenced above), but then for the content of the city, use Roger E. Moore's Greyhawk: The Adventure Begins instead of the 2e box set (along with the other articles from LGJ). I'd also borrow liberally from Thieves World's Sanctuary and Fritz Leiber's Lankhmar.

grodog

Hero
pedr said:
I think he was actually referring to the Living Greyhawk Journal which had the map of the City of Greyhawk in it. I think it was Edition 0 or 1, and I have a feeling it's sold out and not available in pdf. Ebay might have it. Various districts of the city were then detailed in subsequent editions - all free-standing ones, I think, before the LGJ got folded into Dungeon or Dragon (I forget which)

Maldin's City of GH map appeared as a poster in LGJ #2, and is also reproduced on his web site, including the unpublished sewers map @ http://www.melkot.com/locations/cogh/cogh.html

Remove ads