• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Running adventures in systems that they were not designed for.

Voadam

Legend
I am on my second Pathfinder 1e adventure path using 5e D&D. Carrion Crown was face to face pre-covid and Iron Gods is my current online fantasy grounds conversion game.

Milestone levelling works well with the AP advancement guidelines and I try to stick with equivalent monsters if they exist or close similar reskins of monsters from the few sources I have in FG for ones that I do not for my current online game.

Golden Bee

Explorer
From another forum:

The Shadow Over Kafiristan by Gareth Hanrahan
The hopheads and juicers seemed far out… And they were.

Adapting modules is often a challenge. The default version of this adventure is set in the 2010s in Afghanistan, from a British perspective. In this version, we focused on Javid, an Afghani sniper who fought the British...in 1935. So the entire first third of the module went out the window.

It still went great though! (Especially since I lost two players an hour before game time and had to switch over from my Hawaiian adventure.)

[Summary removed]
So, I mentioned that the module was adapted, and that gets rid of the last fifth of the module as well. In the original, the agents have to justify their behavior to a Department that knows full well about extraplanar entities. I was out of adventure. But the players were sharp.)
"So the only other person who knew about the plants was 'Peachey’ Carnehan, right?" Asked the tour guide PC.
Silence.
The players called in favors and did some excellent investigating to find him at his manor house in Sussex. After being greeted, announced and fed, all the players had to do was convince a retired British spy to admit culpability based on specious evidence. Easy.
(That’s right, social combat! The new players hadn’t played Fate before. Unlike other systems, it’s relatively easy to improvise any kind of combat, whether social or mountaineering.)

I'm currently running Zeitgeist (PF 1e version) using Fate Core. None of us have ever played Fate before, or anything like it.

We're most of the way through the 4th adventure, and so far everyone has been loving it. I'm finding it so much more relaxing than trying to run it in Pathfinder would have been.

Remove ads