• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Running the Starter Set with Adventurer's League

Bryk

First Post
What technology do you use for online play? I'm wondering whether a MacBook Pro with built in camera and microphone is sufficient or not. I've never played online.

I use roll20.net. It works really really well. I've been running/DMing 2 campaigns for the playtest on there since last September/October.

A headset is really recommended, my nephew uses a laptop, and it sounds like he speaking from a bathtub.

sidonunspa

First Post
Already grabbed the character sheet, and modified it for my home game

• changed the title on the sheet to that of my campaign
  • edited out the faction sections, creating blank fill in boxes in their place.
  • removed faction from the name/race section
  • created a black page from the original pre-gens
  • made it form fallible

I may work up a spell casting section to the 1st page as an option for players (seeing the max prepared spells will be 25 or so)

I may remove my campaign title and just make it say D&D for all you fine folk

vtsvsalucard

First Post
I use roll20.net. It works really really well. I've been running/DMing 2 campaigns for the playtest on there since last September/October.

A headset is really recommended, my nephew uses a laptop, and it sounds like he speaking from a bathtub.

An online game would be great. Finding a local group in time for the release (that is making the jump) is proving to be difficult.

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
What technology do you use for online play? I'm wondering whether a MacBook Pro with built in camera and microphone is sufficient or not. I've never played online.
I usually always run online games on RPGTable Online or Roll20, both are free virtual tables.

I should run one or two games early in July before leaving on vacation on the 14 if i can get a copy of the Starter Set in time... (i am running into logistic problems)

Remove ads