D&D 5E Ryoko's Guide to the Yokai Realms 5E

I was waiting for this one to launch. I am not 100% in synch with all the ideas, but backed it. Always looking for some Asian flavor. The taming and crafting stuff is also in some of Loot Tavern's other products (that I also backed).

dave2008

Legend
Definitely interested, but the April 2024 delivery date for the PDF is making me hold off at the moment. I am interested in some of the proposed mechanics, but I might wait and see.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
What got you interested in Ryoko's Guide to the Yokai Realms? Aside from the Element Bender class, I think the second thing that appealed to me would have to be it being an Asian-themed setting for 5e.
I moved this over to the relevant thread, to help keep the "Million Dollar TTRPG Kickstarter" thread on topic.

To answer your question:

You can probably tell from my avatar that I'm a big fan of JRPGs and anime. ;) Ryoko's Guide to the Yokai Realms seems to have a lot of that vibe already baked in. (If monsters and characters don't have a "limit break" or equivalent, I'll be very sad.) I'm also looking forward to the "Gargantuan Monster Fighting" mechanics, because that's something I think is missing from 5E D&D. And the artwork is stunning.

Remove ads