S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

s@squ@tch

First Post
OOC: So, all of the wolves are dead -- even the one that looks alive in the picture, but it is dead -- forgot to put the red X on it.

If the party is planning on getting the door opened, it is starting to budge and one more round of pushing on it will open it, then the party can flee -- end of combat.

If you plan on dropping the wall of fire and going after the foes on the other side, then please let me know.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Morika charges the door instead the wolf and headbutts with her horns rattling even giant doors. She adds her considerable strength to those opening the door.

Leif

Adventurer
Forivarra d'Deneith, Human Duskblade (least Sentinel Dragonmark)

Forivarra also helps with the door, straining against it with all his might. :mad:

s@squ@tch

First Post
OOC:
No, the door to the outside, where the other, less nimble, portion of the party came through is right next to you, on your side of the wall.

With the combined mass of the others, the front doors to the Steading slowly push open, and the bright sunlight causes several to squint.

No giants are seen lying in wait, so the group quickly heads back to the camp, taking measures to try and not be tracked.

About 30 minutes later, the group is back in the camp, which has been set up quite lavishly, for a camp, in your absence by the rest of the caravan.

A flowing table is once again set with a variety of meats and cheeses, and several icy cold pitchers stand on one end.

Ganyon looks up from the log he was sitting on, speaking with Sanadal and Maia-Zak,"Yer back quick! Didja 'ven sit foot in der?"

The halfork woman looks on with uninterest, while the gnome priest looks at you with a quizzical look, as if waiting for information.

Last edited:

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
OOC: I don't know where the door is, but the Wall of Fire isn't dismissable. It will last for six more rounds.

Not wanting to accidentally blink through the door, Cody gets ready to cast a spell on any enemy that comes through his wall of fire. "Open the door, open the door, open the door. C'mon ..."

[sblock=actions]
Ready to cast glitterdust on any enemy that comes through the wall of fire

Wall of Fire duration: 6 rounds.
Blink duration: 14 rounds.

Spells Cast:
3: Blink
4: Wall of Fire[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Forivarra d'Deneith, Human Duskblade (least Sentinel Dragonmark)

About 30 minutes later, the group is back in the camp, which has been set up quite lavishly, for a camp, in your absence by the rest of the caravan.

A flowing table is once again set with a variety of meats and cheeses, and several icy cold pitchers stand on one end.

Ganyon looks up from the log he was sitting on, speaking with Sanadal and Maia-Zak,"Yer back quick! Didja 'ven sit foot in der?"

The halfork woman looks on with uninterest, while the gnome priest looks at you with a quizzical look, as if waiting for information.
Forivarra, with typical flair and nonchalance, casually brushes back his flowing locks of hair and selects a particularly tempting morsel of cheese. "Set foot in there? Why no, the amiable giants lined up for us outside on their lawn and graciously bowed down and placed their heads on chopping blocks. Quite borrrrring, reeeallllly...."

s@squ@tch

First Post
"Hey," says Ganyon, pointing at Forrivarra and Cody,"Whar' didja fin' dem two? Inside?"

He looks them both over.

"If'n yer stayin' here, ya better know dat 'dis is House business de others be on, so don't be blabbin' to anyone else ya find oot here."

The gnome then pipes up.

"With that said, welcome to our little spot of paradise in this unhospitable place," Sanadal says.

"I had just laid out the food and drink, so help yourself before it gets covered with the native insect population."

"Many thanks Sanadal," says Thanor,"I think I'll be stayin' here tomorrow while the others head back in."

"Myself as well," says Voadam,"My talents are not optimized to be of help in a slugfest, I think I shall remain behind and aid the group in an advisory manner, as well as helping figure out any magical items you might come across."

Yoggrith glowers.

"Its about time you realized that, old man, I was beginning to bore of watching you stand around while battle was fought."

Voadam glares murderously at the half-ork. "Savage."

Ganyon laughs,"Ah, youse havint bin gone long, but I was startin' ta miss dat...."

"If you mean that to be an insult, you are mistaken."

Yoggrith moves, then begins to remove his armor, stripping down to his tunic and trousers, and quickly wipes his armor clean before conjuring some water to rinse himself down.

OOC: Yoggrith, Morika, Sanne, Ipshivi (if [MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION] is still with us) and Aeranduil will need to be leveled up this evening

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil helps himself to the food, having worked up quite an appetite. "Many giants were slain this day," he says. "But this is certainly no rag-tag gathering. There are many more to deal with before our task is through. And next time, we won't have surprise on our side."

OOC: I'll get Aeranduil leveled up this weekend. Should be fairly straightforward."

Remove ads