• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

drothgery

First Post
"I wouldn't complain if you've still got a spell or two left before we camp for the night." Sanne said. "But the others have greater need now."

OOC: Sanne's at 40/65.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"I'll take that necklace, if no one else wants it," Ipshivi chirped from the dge of the clearing. As the others prepared, she kept most of her attention focused outward- even if the scorrow was probably not going to come back right away, there were other nasty critters about.

"As soon as we can, though, we ought to get moving," she added, agreeing with most of the others. "That fellow got away, but he'll be back."

OOC: If she gets a chance, she'll run a Detect Magic over the scorrow's gear.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As the elf, half-elf and dwarf crowd around him, Yoggrith nods and begins his work of stitching skin and mending bone.. all through the dark energy flowing from his hand. When he is done, all three feel quite a bit better.

Cure spells cast...

Thanor: Critical & Serious
Aeranduil: Serious & Moderate
Sanne: Moderate & Light

s@squ@tch

First Post
Ipshivi appears from nowhere and is seen poring over the dead scorrow and its equipment -- her small form walking around deftly on its lifeless carapace -- with her eyes tuned to the slightest shimmer of enchantment.

She finds that one of the creatures longblades, the necklace, and the vial all radiate magic.

While this is going on, the halfork ministers the wounds of those wounded by blade and stinger by conjuring the dark energy of his master. The wounds knit and seal, and a feeling of dark power washes over those healed.

The group readies themselves once again for the rigors of travel, and Ganyon and the others praise your efforts against the jungle attack.

"Aye, lits gitta goin' ance agin." The young man nods as he adjusts his hat low over his eyes.

"We shud be ta tha 'Teeth soon, so keep yer eyes an' ears peeled."

He motions to follow him, then he is off once again, his two hunter companions darting into the bushes and shrubs on each side, with the artificier and gnome bringing up the rear.

The clouds clear and the sun begins to bake the area, thick beads of sweat covering the adventurers, the long days in the forest and jungle have begun to take their toll on the group -- sore joints from overuse and lingering pains from injuries have cast a slightly somber mood.

On each side of you, off in the distance, a small outcropping of hills has appeared, ranging into jagged peaks that disappear into the clouds.

It is only a few hours before Ganyon stops and points off in the distance.

"Der dey are." He says as he points towards the horizon.

You follow his arm and see what appear to be two columns rising into the sky. The low clouds do not permit you to see the full extent of the columns, but judging upon the size at which they enter the clouds, you cannot even fathom how tall they must be -- each could easily be a city block in cross-section -- certainly they exceed the tallest skybuilding in Sharn.

"But we're still 'bout tree hours out. Let's git a move-on -- and keep yer wits aboot ye, as giants are always nearby doze tings."

[D]jj[/D]

As you near the twin towers, you start to make out more detail -- about the towers themselves -- huge square towers shooting into the sky, with windows dotting each floor. About a third of the way up, you notice a balcony -- seeming supported by nothing at all, hanging at a 90 degree angle to the ground -- as well as the ruined giant city that surrounded them.

Huge chunks of stone lay littered about the crumbling remains of the ancient giant ruins. Here and there an intact building face or two remains standing, but the majority of the area appears to have been ravaged by the years.

Ganyon pulls up and halts at the crossover between jungle and stone tile.

"Aye, we're here. Whereya wanta go first?"

Titansteeth.jpg

OOC: Thanor at 102/110, Aeranduil at 62/64, Sanne fully healed.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"One of those blades is enchanted, and I'd guess that vial is some kind of potion," Ipshivi offered as they got ready to move- and unless someone actually stopped her, she was quick to pocket the fireball necklace... (And as soon as they began moving, she once again disappeared underneath the shadow of her magics).

Once they arrived at the mysterious ruins, Ipshivi only took a moment or two to look around, at least initially- if she stared too long the sight would simply be overwhelming. "We had better start looking for someplace safe to camp. It is getting late, and we can't all see in the dark. Let's try to find someplace defensible, maybe right on the edge here, with solid walls. Shame we can't perch up in one of those towers- I'd like to see our scorpion friend climb that." Despite her sensible suggestion, her voice held an eager tone- it seemed obvious that she wanted to get started on exploring the place.

Redclaw

First Post
Thanor stares at the twin towers with sheer disbelief in his eyes. Leave it to the stupid giants to take all that good stone and rip it outta the ground. They might still be runnin' things aroun' here if they'd learned to live in the stone where they found it like sensible folk.

He thinks for a moment. I'm not really carin' where we go next, as long as we find us some giants to get rid of.

Voadam

Legend
Voadam is openly awestruck, his eyes lighting up at the achievement of the former arcane masters of this realm "Goodness. I am quite impressed by the works of the ancient giants here. He brings himself back to his companions and the group discussion with an effort, though his eyes keep returning to the pillar. I too think resting would be best. I need some healing and I believe we will want our shadow cleric to have full healing reserves before we encounter true giants. For the division of spoils my only thought for the necklace beads is that it would make sense for everybody to have some form of ranged attack. Sanne, Thanor, if either of you do not have ranged weapons or magic then I think you should take the necklace for use if we get pinned down with giant's throwing boulders at us."

Redclaw

First Post
Thanor gestures to his shield. Them spines make me point, if I need 'em. Otherwise, my main approach to ranged combat is to get close enough to use me axe.

OOC: He's got a spined shield, lets him fire off 3 magical bolts per day, and he isn't much of one for flashier magic, being a dwarf.

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil too is awestruck by the sheer presence of the towers. "Indeed, this place is quite a sight. I've seen many marvelous things in my travels, but nothing like this."

Voadam

Legend
Thanor gestures to his shield. Them spines make me point, if I need 'em. Otherwise, my main approach to ranged combat is to get close enough to use me axe.

OOC: He's got a spined shield, lets him fire off 3 magical bolts per day, and he isn't much of one for flashier magic, being a dwarf.

"An interesting enchantment. Can't truly judge by your lack of hand axes can you?"

Remove ads