S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Sanne's not particularly interested in the creature's gear.

Sanne makes small talk with whoever is willing to listen to her over dinner, so a few members of the expedition are treated to tales of pirate and monster attacks on Lyrandar ships fought of with much skill, mostly by her. "I never ran into one of those before, though." She mentioned.

Voadam

Legend
"Primeiro gnome Eu reuniram-se em um tempo sem um sentido de humor tão absurdamente grande quanto seu nariz." Voadam says with a chuckle after the gnome returns to his cooking.

for those who speak orcish [sblock]First gnome I've met in a while without a sense of humor as absurdly big as his nose.[/sblock]

Voadam will inspect the wand, the dragon shard, and the large gold pieces "Our three armed interloper seems to have been using some unfortunate's backpack as his belt pouch. I am no alchemist, Maia Zak, do you practice that craft of magic?" he says indicating the vials. Voadam holds up the Siberys dragonshard to examine it in the firelight. Not being dragonmarked it is a curio of a magical tradition he is not a party to. He then turns his attention to the wand.

When the meal is ready Voadam will enthusiastically join in, enjoying the new exotic cuisine and Sanne's tales of airship pirate attacks.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
As the others took the opportunity to sample gnomish culinary experimentation, Ipshivi scampered up to a convenient perch to keep watch. Even if she needed to eat, she would have hesitated to indulge in such fare- and even as a relative novice to jungle exploration, she knew the the scent of food might attract visitors... Secure in her familiar shroud of magical concealment, she let her senses adjust to the sights and sounds of the jungle terrain which surrounded them.

Redclaw

First Post
Thanor set in to eat as heartily as only a dwarf can do, especially one who has just had a hand in killing what looked like a giant to him.

That's the way, lads. It weren't without pain and danger, but we took it to 'im proper. A few more like that and I'll be feelin' me ole self again, just you wait, he grins through a beard drenched in grease from the meat.

Voadam

Legend
After conferring with Maia Zak Voadam will tuck the spoils into his magical haversack for later identification and eventual use or sale for the party.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Campsite

Yoggrith in turn uses the power of the Shadow to restore the lost strength to the druid, then proceeds to minister to the wounds of those injured by the giant. [Restoration on Morika. Heals the remaining damage on Morika with his 2 remaining CCW]

The half-orc female, Mai Zak, emerges from her tent, completely unaware of the battle that took place across the clearing. She eyes the giant from afar, preferring not to drift to near to the corpse.

She nears Voadam and opens her hand, palm side up, to receive the two vials of liquid.

She eyes them closely, studying the color and consistency, rolling the vials around in her palm. After about a minute or so, she gruffly says,"Green one is Vermin Ointment. Clear one is Panther's Tears."

She hands them back to Voadam then fills up a plate with food, before heading back towards her tent. A blur, near her shoulders, catches your attention. You hadn't noticed it before, but a small winged construct appears to be sitting on her shoulder, hiding in the mass of long black hair that encompasses her shoulders and back.

Voadam

Legend
Voadam inspects the runes on the wand seeing if he can read them or they give a clue to the wand's purpose or command word.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Mai Zak gives one last look over her shoulder back at the group before going back inside her tent. She sees Voadam examining the wand that was found on the giant.

She saunters back across the clearing and says quietly,"I have some pearls if you are interested -- I'll trade them for some of those gold coins you found on the giant."

[D]aa[/D]

The rest of the evening passes uneventfully. The three hunters sit around the fire with Sanadal, giving the gnome a hard time on most issues.

The artificier is not seen again once she goes back into her tent.

Watches are posted, the fire grows dim, and several of the moons travel across the sky in slow arcs.

Morning comes and the gnome is out and about at an early hour, busily preparing breakfast before heading out. You see him working a griddle that has been placed over a rekindled fire. Stacks of pancakes sit on one edge of the griddle, being kept slightly warm. On the tree stump that has been used as a table sit a few pitchers of juices and platters of various fruits and breads.

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil rises early, as seems to be the archer's habit, and helps himself to a light breakfast of fruit and juice. He sits cross-legged in the grass, somewhat away from the fire, and eyes the jungle foliage as he eats.

drothgery

First Post
As seems to be her habit when she doesn't have the pre-dawn watch, Sanne manages to wake up later than most of the others, and then pack her things for the next days journey and snatch some breakfast in a remarkably short period of time.

Remove ads