• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

Dragonwriter

First Post
Chardarran is not pleased at his position. He had come to Xen’drik to find an item for his master, not get captured by these idiot brutes. But as a group of warriors bursts in, he sees a chance to aid them and improve his own lot. He growls as he calls on his knowledge of draconic magic as his eyes flash in anger. A thick, slimy coating of grease coats the floor beneath the giants’ feet!

[sblock=OOC]
I Defensively Dragoncast (Still + Silent for no cost) Grease, covering the floor at BX and BY, 41 and 42; it will last 7 rounds. It should catch the two giants, forcing them to make Reflex saves at DC 17 or fall prone and suffer all the normal goodness of a Grease spell. If you say the area isn’t enough for both of them, then have it cover the northern giant’s weapon.
Defensive Casting check: 31.

Char
AC 17 HP 49/49; F +5, R +8, W +7
AP: 9

Spells Per Day:
Lvl 0 Spells: ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
Lvl 1 Spells: (X) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
Lvl 2 Spells: ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
Lvl 3 Spells: ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
[/sblock]

Last edited:

grufflehead

First Post
Arexus

OOC - pic added to the RG

With the threat of impending doom hanging over him, Arexus redoubled his efforts to slip out of his bonds. He was damned if he was going to meekly surrender and let the giants butcher him once they had disposed of the brave souls who had broken into the steading. He might even be able to help them, if only he could get free...

Escape Artist 1d20+2=13

Last edited:

Xaositek

First Post
Tied up at the feet of a towering giant, Tairil struggles to remain calm, trying to draw on his inner focus to strike at the behemoth's knee with an unexpected kick.

[sblock=ooc]
If I can make an unarmed attack at some penalty while tied up, I try that, using the maneuver Insightful Strike (substitute Concentration check for damage roll).

To hit: 1d20+11=29
Damage: 1d20+13=24

Otherwise I make a strength check attempting to break my bonds.

Strength check: 1d20+4=12

Either way I use a swift action to assume Absolute Steel Stance.

Maneuvers Readied: Burning Blade, Moment of Perfect Mind, Insightful Strike, Counter Charge, Soaring Raptor Strike.
Stances: Absolute Steel Stance, Hunter's Sense[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Dori curses as she is not flanking the giant, but none the less puts her full effort int the attack.(using smite giants: +4/+8)

first attack:
1d20+15=16, 1d8+12=16
sword of virtue damage:
2d6=5

second attack:
1d20+10=11, 1d8+12=13
sword of virtue damage:
2d6=9

OOC: both attacks are base numers of 1. Is a 1 an an auto miss? if not ant thye hit, then there is 43 points of damage.

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
King Grommet, HP 85/85, AC 30, saves F+12/R+2/W+10 AP 9/9

The construct looks up at the the lights floating randomly over his head and shout to them "Divine chaos I am thy vessel! Guide my hands from this enslavement!" The lights that are gently bobbing over the strange clockwork warrior's head start to glow brighter and begin vibrating quite violently. The stone coloring vanishes from the forged warriors legs, being replaced by shadows leaping from the ground around him. His whole bearing changes from a pillar of stone to a bringer of death cloaked in light and shadow.

Several more 'apertures' swirl open on the heavy right arm at his side. The dancing lights above his head dart around the crusader and then each zip into a different hole, causing them to snap shut in a lightning fast sequence. Light beams out from under every layered cog and plate as the teleporting newcomer cocks back the spiked clockwork appendage, a panel levers open from wrist to elbow. A blast of holy fire sprouts from the elbow end, propelling the massive fist forward in a haymaker of a punch that buries itself solidly into the kidney of the giant he flanks (Hill giant 18).[sblock=In Giant]"King Grommet* will be your death this day, and you lead him through your front door!"[/sblock]
OOC - I was waiting for the giant I have flanked to go before I posted my actions since I'm last in initiative order.

Swift: Change to Assassin's Stance
Standard: Divine Surge=23, Dmg below*, plusSneak Attack=7,
8d8+1d4+4=35* I had rolled 8d6 instead of the 8d8 I was supposed to for divine surge, so its 42 dmg to hill giant 18.
[sblock=Granted Maneuvers]Grey=Granted
White=Witheld
*=Spent

2, 5, 4
New Granted Maneuver=2

1 Divine Surge*
2 Stone Bones
3 Revitalizing Strike
4 Shadow Jaunt*
5 Shield Block[/sblock]

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
Initiative

27 - Void - Move to BW45
21 - Cloaked Humanoid - Unknown action, Hudder stunned
15 - Hill Giant #1 - Full Attack Hudder - CRIT confirmed for 42 damage
15 - Hill Giant #2 - Full Attack Dori - MISS
14 - Arexis - Spot check
13 - Hudder - Stunned, dead
10 - Tairil -Attack Giant#18 - MISS, swift action to regain spent manuevres
10 - Darv - Finish cutting free Chardarron
8 - Dori - Tactical withdraw to BW40, AoO's from Giant #18 and #22 miss
7 - Chardarron - Cast Scorching Ray defensively at Giant #18 - 1 HIT for 17 damage
7 - Hill Giant #18 - Attack Tairel - 1 HIT for 10 damage
7 - Hill Giant #22 - Attack Grommet - 1 HIT for 12 damage
6 - King Grommett - Attack Giant #18 - HIT for 17 damage, revitalizing strike heals 18 damage

Void carefully steps through the battlefield, doing his best to remain out of sight and manages to slip past both giants in the entryway, coming to a stop just behind Arexus, planning on beginning to untie him next round.

The cloaked figure motions something with his hand and across the room, Hudder stiffens like a board, eyes full of fear, as he is surrounded by two towering giants!

The giants in front of him take advantage of the situation and hastily bash the helpless dwarf into paste. Hudder falls like a stone, dead.

Arexus sees the dark clad figure carefully pick his way across the room. Assuming, from the way it avoids the giants, that it is a potential ally, the ranger quickly looks around the room for something that he might use as a weapon should he be freed, but sees nothing close by, but perhaps something could be used as a make-shift weapon, he thinks, or, he must retrieve his weapon from the giant's satchel which carried all of their weapons....

Dori sees that 3 of his comrades have fallen at the hands of the murderous beastly creatures in front of him. He also hears the call of the mechanical creature behind him. His skills that have been ingrained with him places tactical actions over his general desire for simple battle.

The construct glances over his shoulder as he removes his fist from the hip of the squishy giant in front of him, seeing one of the dwarves in the room fall he yells out. "Dwarf! Withdraw to King Grommet's* back so he might keep you breathing!" Several blasts of steam are releasedfrom various joints as the attack is finished. The appertures start hissing open to release the tiny divine power sources which return to their floating position above his head.

"Aye lad, if ye b' need'n back-up, just say so. "

Char grunts out a “thanks” to the gnome cutting him free. As the ropes slip away, the heavily-tattooed human doesn’t massage his muscles, though normally he would prefer to do so. But at this moment, comfort is less important than survival. From his sitting position, he keeps a close eye on the two nearby giants, not wanting to get another pounding, his head still ringing from the giant’s fist.

He cautiously intones Draconic syllables, calling up another spell. Two beams of fire lance from his palms, streaking to the weaponless giant, one missing, one hitting -- and giving it a a large, painful burn.

The two giant captors in the doorway strike out -- the first smacks Tairel with a closed fist, the other manages to put a slight dent into the mechanical man's armor, sending forth a short jet of steam.

The construct spins from the hit and smashes his fist into the same giant as before. The lights dancing over his head arc down into the goggled eyes of the metallic warrior, pushing out the dent in the animated suit of armor with a sound like metal being welded together as cogs turn through the molten mess. The arcing light flies from his eyes to the giant and back before re-congealing into the several little glowing orbs overhead once more. "Ock! So you think you can hurt the mighty King Grommet*? King Grommet* is going to save you for last ugly!"

Condition:

Dori: (82/82) : Bulls Strength (75/80 rounds)
Jeriko: (48/64)
Char: (20/49)
Tairel: (61/71 )
King Grommett: (85/85)

Hill Giant #2: 80 damage
Hill Giant #1: 83 damage
Hill Giant #18: 112 damage, weapon is greased

Attachments

• HGS 1-14.jpg
    HGS 1-14.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
King Grommet, HP 85/85, AC 30, saves F+12/R+2/W+10 AP 9/9

The construct glances over his shoulder as he removes his fist from the hip of the squishy giant in front of him, seeing one of the dwarves in the room fall he yells out. "Dwarf! Withdraw to King Grommet's* back so he might keep you breathing!" Several blasts of steam are releasedfrom various joints as the attack is finished. The appertures start hissing open to release the tiny divine power sources which return to their floating position above his head.
OOC - Just a little free action for a little leadership :lol:.[sblock=Granted Maneuvers]Grey=Granted
White=Witheld
*=Spent

1 Divine Surge*
2 Stone Bones
3 Revitalizing Strike
4 Shadow Jaunt*
5 Shield Block[/sblock]*A little set of arms flip up out of the collar of the armored suit raising a broken sprocketed-wheel over its goggled, full helmet like a crown and plays a 4-note royal tune with some unseen tin horn within the wheels and gears of the armor before it folds itself back away whenever King Grommet says his name.

Remove ads