• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=Vertex69]
If you were wanting dori at BY,35 I may be best moving back to back to King G. there are stil2 giants (one and two)nwere Dori is. does King G need healing? does he need 'the repair spell or is he healed with healing (conjuration) spells. I am going to wait to hear from you before I post his action.
[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=Scott]
Oh no King Grommet (KG) is fully healed, but he has an Immediate Interrupt action that can give an adjecent ally a +9 shield bonus to AC vs a single attack. KG also has a strike that hits an enemy and then heals an ally within 10ft for 3d6+8, so when dori does start getting hit by those 2 giants KG can help her out. Actually if you used the withdraw action to the adjacent square NW of KG you might be able to keep one of them from even being able to get to you.
[/sblock]

OOC @ S@s - Would you mind putting King Grommet's name under his picture? Ive started the most basic of sketches for a picture of him, but its going to take a while to finish.

grufflehead

First Post
Arexus

Arexus sees the dark clad figure carefully pick his way across the room. Assuming, from the way it avoids the giants, that it is a potential ally, the ranger quickly looks around the room for something that he might use as a weapon should he be freed.

Spot check 1d20+7=27

OOC - geez, I've made 4 D20 rolls on IC today and that's the third 20. And none of them have really been that useful...

Xaositek

First Post
Heartened by his initial success, Tairil tries to kick out again and distract the giant from its current target long enough for the sorcerer to be freed of his bonds, but the ropes tied around him confound his efforts and his kick fails to land with any real force.

[sblock=ooc]
I use a swift action to regain expended maneuvers and then attack the giant as a standard action, missing on a natural one.

To hit: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2633152/]1d20+11=12[/URL]

Maneuvers Readied: Burning Blade, Moment of Perfect Mind, Insightful Strike, Counter Charge, Soaring Raptor Strike.
Stances: Absolute Steel Stance, Hunter's Sense[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
King Grommet, HP 85/85, AC 30, saves F+12/R+2/W+10 AP 9/9

The construct glances over his shoulder as he removes his fist from the hip of the squishy giant in front of him, seeing one of the dwarves in the room fall he yells out. "Dwarf! Withdraw to King Grommet's* back so he might keep you breathing!" Several blasts of steam are releasedfrom various joints as the attack is finished. The appertures start hissing open to release the tiny divine power sources which return to their floating position above his head.
OOC - Just a little free action for a little leadership :lol:.[/sblock]*A little set of arms flip up out of the collar of the armored suit raising a broken sprocketed-wheel over its goggled, full helmet like a crown and plays a 4-note royal tune with some unseen tin horn within the wheels and gears of the armor before it folds itself back away whenever King Grommet says his name.

[sblock=Scott]
Oh no King Grommet (KG) is fully healed, but he has an Immediate Interrupt action that can give an adjecent ally a +9 shield bonus to AC vs a single attack. KG also has a strike that hits an enemy and then heals an ally within 10ft for 3d6+8, so when dori does start getting hit by those 2 giants KG can help her out. Actually if you used the withdraw action to the adjacent square NW of KG you might be able to keep one of them from even being able to get to you.
[/sblock]

OOC:

at Vertexx69: Dori is actually a male dwarf, just to let you know. I did not name him a femine name. that would be Rena1g's doing.

I am placing Dori's actions now as I might have some late nights that may prevent me from getting on line in a timely fashion. they are simple in nature at this time so it should not conflict at all with anyone else'.

Dori sees that 3 of his comrades have fallen at the hands of the murderous beastly creatures in front of him. He also hears the call of the mechanical creature behind him. His skills that have been ingrained with him places tactical actions over his general desire for simple battle.

full round action: tactical withdraw move to BW,40
"Aye lad, if ye b' need'n back-up, just say so. "

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Char grunts out a “thanks” to the gnome cutting him free. As the ropes slip away, the heavily-tattooed human doesn’t massage his muscles, though normally he would prefer to do so. But at this moment, comfort is less important than survival. From his sitting position, he keeps a close eye on the two nearby giants, not wanting to get another pounding, his head still ringing from the giant’s fist.

He cautiously intones Draconic syllables, calling up another spell. Two beams of fire lance from his palms, streaking to the weaponless giant and giving it a pair of large, painful burns.

[sblock=OOC and Rolls]
This is assuming Darv cuts me free and I can act normally. If he doesn’t, I suppose I’ll use another Dragoncast, though I would much rather not.
Casting Scorching Ray defensively at Giant 18.
Concentration, Attack and Damage (two rays): 27; 9 for 11; 19 for 17. Might be a penalty on those attack rolls for Prone, but I am unsure. Melee attacks get -4 and ranged Weapons are unusable, but a spell isn’t a weapon…

Char
AC 17 HP 20/49; F +5, R +8, W +7
AP: 9
Dragoncast: used 1/3

Spells Per Day:
Lvl 0 Spells: ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
Lvl 1 Spells: (X) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
Lvl 2 Spells: (X) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
Lvl 3 Spells: ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads