S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=evo]
From the Races of Eberron book:

Although living constructs do not need to sleep, a warforged wizard must rest for 8 hours before preparing spells.

So, crafting scrolls or other things would not be allowed during the night.

[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Agreed," Dreadnought rumbles deliberately. He wasn't much of a morale booster, but he knew it was wise to keep spirits up while on campaign. Fighting was messy and awful even if you were in a good mood. In combat, a bad mood could kill you. Or others.

"And you repaired my damage," he reminds the gnome. "As good as new."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Davan stands near the crew and listens to their mournful words. He closes his eyes and begins to pray silently, when finished he turns to the remaining crew The gods will ease their passing and bless them in the next life. All of you were very brave, that is an honor to be proud of. He pauses, his heart heavy from the loss of life, I will be below the main deck, praying. Please come to see me if you need any healing, spiritually or physically. He looks each of them individually in the eyes, then nods and turns to go below deck.

----------------------

Davan appears at breakfast and eats without saying a word. He retreats to pray for the souls of the fallen and the remaining crew and doesn't reappear until midday. Davan still remains silent, somberly walking along the decks railing.

s@squ@tch

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
He approaches Darv, and pulls a wand from his belt. "Those blasts of flame were effective, well done. This wand will help to repair us from damage we may take. If functions three times per day, never losing it's power. Just letting you know.". He then stuffs the wand back into his belt, and returns belowdecks. "I expended much energy today. I will need some time to recover."

OOC: Eternal Wands function 2x/day.

Zurai

First Post
Asenfel mostly keeps to himself for the remainder of the voyage, although he doesn't ignore anyone that tries to engage him in conversation.

As the airship approaches Stormreach, Asenfel appears more and more animated. He faces into the wind and watches for the first glimpse of shore.

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
OOC: Eternal Wands function 2x/day.

Oops, my bad, totally misread on my part.[/sblock]

Morph gathers what few items he may have left belowdecks. He then walks to the rail, looking upon distant Stormreach. "I am ready to disembark when the ship is docked," he says to nobody in particular.

Last edited:

Rolzup

First Post
Shayuri said:
"Agreed," Dreadnought rumbles deliberately. He wasn't much of a morale booster, but he knew it was wise to keep spirits up while on campaign. Fighting was messy and awful even if you were in a good mood. In combat, a bad mood could kill you. Or others.

"And you repaired my damage," he reminds the gnome. "As good as new."

"Well," Darv admits, brightening a little, "There is that. And I've little experience, practical or otherwise with Elemental Spirits. Giants, though...giants I know, inside and out. Not first hand, but I've made a special study of them and their weaknesses."

EvolutionKB

First Post
Morph

"I am confident that my current spell selection will be of much more use than when we battled the elemental creatures. The giants are dull witted and slow and will succumb to my blasts of flame and ability to keep their speed hindered."

Shayuri

First Post
"None of us are here without cause, or without capability," Dreadnought declares hollowly.

"Our performance in this initial skirmish gives me confidence in that."

He doesn't bother reminding Morph that not all giants are dull-witted. Certainly anyone of experience would know that already, and the other warforged clearly had experience. He was most likely simply trying to bolster confidence, or reflect on the fact that some giants were dull...even many of them. Maybe even most.

But definitely not all.

A little pensively, Dreadnought turns his head to watch the oncoming spectacle of Stormreach approach. How smart WERE the giants, he wondered. How forewarned were they? Would they know of their arrival? Of their numbers and abilities? Could they have agents in the city?

Disquieting. There was no easy way to tell until the giants showed their hand.

He just hoped that by then it wouldn't be too late.

Remove ads