• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

Vertexx69

First Post
King Grommet, HP 82/85, AC 33, saves F+12/R+2/W+10 AP 7/9

Stepping forward without his usual activation of some gadgety armored contraption, King Grommet lets his chain fly out over the head of his companion. The first swing crosses inches in front of the face of the leading giant, but with a slight adjustment the following passes both tear bloody swaths from the larger target of his chest. The shadowy tendrils that danced around his feet sink back beneath them as they take on the stony coloring of the floor like the last time his majesty faced multiple giants. "Well they just have barrels-o-these monkeys don't they?"
[sblock=Actions]Swift: Activate Stonefoot Stance
Full: Full Attack vs Giant 5 (1d20+13=17, 1d20+13=27, 1d20+8=26, 2d4+7=13, 2d4+7=11, 2d4+7=11)
Move: ...
Free: 5ft step to (BJ/10)[/sblock][sblock=Granted Maneuvers]Grey=Granted
White=Witheld
*=Spent

[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3028384/]Granted Powers (2,3,4)[/URL]
1 Divine Surge
2 Stone Bones
3 Revitalizing Strike
4 Shadow Jaunt
5 Shield Block[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Stance: Stonefoot (+2 AC vs larger foes with no more than 5ft of movement)
Turn Undead attempts 4/5
Heart-seeking Amulet 1/3 Day

Remember KG's Shield Block power for any ally that is adjacent to him (+9 shield bonus to AC).

*A little set of arms flip up out of the collar of the armored suit raising a broken sprocketed-wheel over its goggled, full helmet like a crown and plays a 4-note royal tune with some unseen tin horn within the wheels and gears of the armor before it folds itself back away whenever King Grommet says his name.

King Grommet

Summary 22 dmg to giant 5[/sblock]

OOC: What?! This is a nasty rule. Void is losing his biggest advantage – being the first in almost any combat due to his +11 init modifier. By this we Neglect his sneak attack and his ability to disappear into the shadows or flee before the enemy engage the party. Using personal inits will prevent Void from almost being killed as he is the scout that goes first to almost every place. If I knew this is the system (I must have been missed it) Void from now on will not enter first to every room.
On the other side, If this is the case, the other players can wait for me to roll the init first and the slower members of the party will gain and unfair advantage all the time if I will score the highest roll.

s@squ@tch

First Post
OOC: The whole party initiative vs individual initiative is to speed up the game -- so that there is less waiting for each rounds actions to be posted. I'm open to suggestions for improvement. The major contributor to Void being spotted was the door being quite loud.

Void

OOC: The whole party initiative vs individual initiative is to speed up the game -- so that there is less waiting for each rounds actions to be posted. I'm open to suggestions for improvement. The major contributor to Void being spotted was the door being quite loud.

:(. the character is not built to fight since he is weak and do very little damage. He is a scout and nothing more and when encountering enemies he relies on his init. but rules are rules, and if I'll get lucky and post first the whole party will benefit, otherwise, I'll let the warriors to enter the rooms before me.

Void breathe heavily, that was a close one. he crawls into the shadows, hopefully, no one will spot him before the combat will be over and he could receive healing.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
-*snip*-, otherwise, I'll let the warriors to enter the rooms before me.

I think this is unfair to Straad's character as it greatly reduces his use for the party. i wouldn't care about the wait if it reduces the party's scout to being a hide all the time ghost. It is most important to a rogue to get the initiative.

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC (my 2 cents on initiative in PbP): What I usually do is roll initiative for everyone, to see who goes before the mobs for the first round only. From then on, its a simple back and forth, with players going in post order . I've found this works much better in PbP without taking away the use of features like Improved Initiative and flat footedness without making players wait for weeks on anyone other than the DM. :p

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC: Was our 8 rounds of haste not still active? We killed the giant in the hall on the first round, moved over to this 1st door and are back in combat. Even if they took a full minute to search the guard before we moved on that still a couple more rounds of haste left over.

s@squ@tch

First Post
OOC: I've thought about it over the past day or so, and the haste is not active anymore -- for Void to listen to all three doors, then have the party decide which door to open (or to open a door at all), would have taken at least a minute.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: I didn't think it would be about so didn't use it in my moves. Still waiting on who just yet?

Last edited:

Remove ads