• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

Dragonwriter

First Post
Char smiles faintly as the giants move a little more slowly. "Keep them in the mist. It will freeze their blood the longer they stay in it."

[sblock=OOC]
Total Defense for me. Trying to conserve spells now...

Char
AC 21 (17 normally) HP 38/49; F +5, R +8, W +7
AP: 9
Dragoncast: used 1/3

Spells Per Day:
Lvl 0 Spells: ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
Lvl 1 Spells: (X) (X) (X) (X) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
Lvl 2 Spells: (X) (X) (X) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
Lvl 3 Spells: (X) (X) (X) ( )
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
5 foot move to BJ, 10 (OOC:i am hoping the map is updated ) dropbriar web and exchange with cure serious wounds, cast defensively (cures 3d8+1/level (level 8) +1 (Touch of healing feat) +18 (augment healing feat)

s@squ@tch

First Post
5 foot move to BJ, 10 (OOC:i am hoping the map is updated ) dropbriar web and exchange with cure serious wounds, cast defensively (cures 3d8+1/level (level 8) +1 (Touch of healing feat) +18 (augment healing feat)

OOC: ooc: augmented healing with a CSW would be 3d8+9+6. augmented healing grants a +2 hp per spell level, not caster level.

Scott DeWar

OOC: oops, so, subtract 12 from 45 and that is a total of 33 hp of healing. so sorry. In a lot of pain right now.

Scott DeWar

Thank you S@S. When temperatures get too high, it causes some rotted teeth to go berserk with infection. I was able to bring it down with pain killers and organge sherbert. Tough medicine that sherbert.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Thank you S@S. When temperatures get too high, it causes some rotted teeth to go berserk with infection. I was able to bring it down with pain killers and organge sherbert. Tough medicine that sherbert.

OOC: Umm, should I gather the material components for a Summon Dentist V for you?

Scott DeWar

OOC: need cash for gas (and lower gas prices ) to get to VA hospital in Kansas city. The local VA does not do normals like me.

Dragonwriter

First Post
OOC: Running King Grommet on DM's request

King Grommet, HP 82/85, AC 32, saves F+12/R+2/W+10 AP 7/9

King Grommet whirls his chain around as his body spasms and jerks, sparks flying from all over his metal form and down the length of his chain. The weapon spins in a crazed arc before flying at the giant. “King Grommet* will defeat these giants yet!”

[sblock=OOC]
Grey=Granted
White=Witheld
*=Spent
Last withheld Maneuver (Divine Surge) granted.

1 Divine Surge
2 Stone Bones
3 Revitalizing Strike*
4 Shadow Jaunt
5 Shield Block

Using Divine Surge against Giant 5 as a Standard Action. I’m not sure if he actually used Shield Block last turn or not… If not, Shield Block can be used as an Immediate Action to grant an adjacent ally +9 AC.

Stance: Stonefoot
Turn Undead attempts 4/5
Heart-seeking Amulet 1/3 Day
Spells:
0: Create Water X2, Purify F/DX2
1: Foundation of Stone, Lesser Vigor, Protection from Evil + Enlarge Person

*A little set of arms flip up out of the collar of the armored suit raising a broken sprocketed-wheel over its goggled, full helmet like a crown and plays a 4-note royal tune with some unseen tin horn within the wheels and gears of the armor before it folds itself back away whenever King Grommet says his name.

King Grommet

Summary:
Attack Giant 5 (30 to-hit) for Divine Surge (33 damage). Aww, low damage roll. :(
Readying Shield Block against 1st attack that would hit Dregon (if applicable).[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
Initiative

16 - Hill Giant #5 - Attack King Grommett - 1 HIT for 17 damage
16 - Hill Giant #6 - 5' step to BI/BH12, Attack King Grommett - MISS, AoO on Dori HIT - but turned away by Grommett's Shield Block
16 - Hill Giant #7 - Move to BF/BG12
10 - Void - Contemplate life without organs
10 - Deric - Eldritch Blast on Giant #5 - HIT for 13 damage
10 - Dregon - Attack Giant #6 - 2 HIT (CRIT confirmed)for 37 damage
10 - Dori - Move to BK8, use Touch of Healing on Void for 9 dmg healed
10 - Chardarron - Delay
10 - King Grommett - Full attack on Giant #6 - 2 HIT For 26 damage

With their target from last round hiding behind the mechanical curiosity, the giants point at King Grommet* and begin to pound away at him instead, obviously nonplussed by the jaunty tune played by his armor. He is able to avoid or turn aside two of the three swings of various greatclubs, but one of them smacks him right over the headpiece.

The wounded Gitz stands guard and see if more giants are coming from other places.

Deric's muscles begin to tense up as a power deep down begins to well up. He raises his arms as his hands begin to glow a mixture of deep purple and black energy. With a slight grin he lets lose the bolt of power toward the Hill giant in front of him. His aim was true but not where he had hoped. He manages to strick the massive beast just above the right knee opening up a flowing wound.

Hmph... I need to focus more. He thinks to himself as he sees the blast land away from the chest he was aiming at.

Dregon flails at the fatigued giant hoping to bring it to it's knees -- his blade swings in quick, tight circles, blurring into a solid stream of metal as it cuts chunks of clothing and flesh from the bones of the giants leg.

"Be right back, we got a member of our group really hurtin'" Dori moves back and hits Void with some healing, a massive blow from the giant's club turned away at the last moment by King Grommett's large shield.

King Grommet’s entire body reverberates with the giant’s strike. “Oooh, you rotter! King Grommet* will get you for that! But then, better me than these other chaps, eh? Ho ho!” The clockwork king whirls his chain around for another strike.

Condition:

Grommet: (60/77)
Dori: (82/82):Bulls Strength (46/80 rounds)
Void: (10/36) :
Dregon: (55/89):
Char: (38/49): Kelgore's Grave Mist (3/7)

Giant #5 - unconscious, fatigued
Giant #6 - 99 dmg, fatigued
Giant #7 - 68 dmg, fatigued

Attachments

• HGS 1-33.jpg
    HGS 1-33.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Remove ads