S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

s@squ@tch

First Post
OnlytheStrong said:
[sblock] Is Davan close enough to use detect magic? It has a 60ft range. [/sblock]

[sblock=OnlytheStrong and Void]
The glowing bead was thrown from the broken window 1/2 way down the great hall (150' long by 60' wide) towards the far back left corner. You're still about 120' away from there, and cannot see the glowing bead anymore. (You assume that it hit the ground and bounced/rolled towards its destination) Too many people and pieces of furniture/equipment are blocking your line of sight at this point.
[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Davan grabs Dreadnought, "Something is going on here. Please, come with me." Davan motions for him to follow as he heads toward where the bead disappeared.

Zurai

First Post
Asenfel follows the group from the airship docks to the compound in silence, floating about an inch off the ground.
"I'm Lo-Kag, and I'll be your guide. If there's giants to be found, I'll find 'em."
Asenfel smiles a wicked little smile in response. "Then we shall get along well indeed, Lo-Kag. I am Asenfel. I hunt giants. If they're lucky, I kill them."

Shayuri

First Post
The warforged gives Davan a look which is as expressionless as ever...but the sideways tilt of his head suggests curiosity.

"Excuse me, Lo-Kag...it seems I am needed."

He follows Davan.

"What is the matter?"

EvolutionKB

First Post
Morph

Morph cocks his head at the large humanoid. That would be an interesting form to take...very...powerful. I am Morph, the robed warforged says. Morph looks confused as the other warforged walks away rather urgently

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=Dreadnought]

"There is a broken piece of glass in one of the skylights above us. When I noticed that, I noticed a small glowing pebble that came flying as if someone had thrown it through the hole in the glass. I want to see what that pebble was." Davan said some a certain since of urgency. He presses on toward the area he saw the pebble drop. [/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Dreadnought clamps his metal and wood pincers around Davan's arm.

"Nothing good ever came of glowing magic stones thrown in from the outside," he says grimly.

Then he says much louder, "Everyone in the corner over there! Evacuate immediately! Rise from your tables and move towards the door in an orderly, but rapid fashion!"

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Davan shakes his head, "No my friend. That cannot be done. Panic spreads and all reason is lost. Remember friend, these are humans. Humans act irrationally when confronted with danger. My friend, keeping this small secret aids our cause."

s@squ@tch

First Post
Tharashk Enclave Greathall

The warforged warrior's words spill out into the great hall, immediately drawing attention and turning heads. The large hall goes silent as the various members of the house turn and stare.

Moments later, an explosion of flame erupts from the far corner of the Great Hall. The force of the blast hits you a split second before the low roar reaches your ears.

After the initial blast subsides, you notice that the blast has knocked a hole it the back wall, along with blowing out most of the nearby windows. Several flaming, unmoving bodies can be seen on the ground in the corner, while on the periphery, several bodies can be seen rolling on the ground, trying to extinguish their flames.

Chaos has erupted. Shouts and yells for assistance echo throughout the hall. Several people bump into your group as they scramble out.

A large Tharashk response team runs in through the front door and surrounds an imposing looking half-orc about 60' from your position. You can overhear the man barking orders and the men disperse, some searching for survivors, while the rest start fighting the fire that has broken out. You see Barrak approach your group, amid all of the chaos and carnage, you did not notice he departure.

Barrak says tersely,"We need to get out of here, now. Follow me."

He leads you outside of the Great Hall.

"I hope that you are all ok."

"I'm afraid I need to ask you to leave now, for we are locking the compound down while we investigate how this happened and determine the number of casualties."

"Please come back this evening."

Shayuri

First Post
"My apologies," Dreadnought intones. "I would have acted sooner, but I did not see the device enter the building. I will of course cooperate fully with the investigation."

With that, he trudges away...his demeanor somewhat downcast, at least from the slower tromp of his feet, and the slight slump of his shoulders.

Remove ads