• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

s@squ@tch

First Post
A slight rumble of laughter erupts from the lift.

[sblock=Giant]

"First floor?"

"You make my job quite easy then, for you are already there."

[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Giant]

"Well then, second floor, here we come."

"You, my metallic friend, with your gift for the speech of my makers, are starting to grow upon me -- but tell me one thing -- who created you?"

[/sblock]

Without sound, the lift starts upwards at a comfortable velocity, quickly traversing the 40' to the next floor.

It stops gently and hovers.

You see a barren floor before you -- nothing remains on the walls, ceilings or floors besides the barest of building materials. Only a few partially remaining remnants of walls still stand, a fine dust covers the floor, and a variety of footprints can be seen, of all ages it would appear.

The floor is about the same size as the ground floor.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Seeing nothing in the tower so far besides footprints, Morph speaks again in Giant, hoping the voice of the elevator knows something.

[sblock=Giant]
"Tell me, who has passed through here recently? If there is anybody, can you take us to them?"
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Giant]

"Many things come and go from time to time."

"Small one, you cannot imagine how many things I have brought high and then low again."

"Alas, this place is not as it once was, and all those who venture inside do so, for the most part, to rob this place of more of its past."

"The last group I seem to recall to ride up was a bunch of small folk, like yourselves, like miniature versions of the ones that used to live here."

"They went up a few days ago, but I haven't seen them since."

"I guess I could take you to them -- I'm sure they wouldn't seem to mind at all."

[/sblock]

The lift hums slightly as it begins to rise into the sky -- it speeds up and all of the floors that you go past begin to merge into a blur. A slight surge of adrenaline hits your bodies as the lift goes into full speed upwards -- then ends just as quickly.

A darkened floor stands before you -- the only light are fragments of the sun from behind 3 - hide covered windows at the other end of the floor.

From what you can see in the darkness, there is a bunch of rubble and partially standing walls.

A stench of filth and refuse permeates the air.

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Void]

You step off of the lift and onto the floor -- and disappear into the shadows.

You crawl around a few low walls and begin to hear some noises up ahead -- the smacking of lips and low murmuring.

As you grow nearer to the far wall you start to hear chewing noises.

The noise distracts you as you unwittingly walk through some sort of alarm -- a thread strung low between two walls that had a black bell attached to it. It rings a lone 'ding', and you hear an angry screech.

"Who dares interrupt my dinner?" hisses an unseen creature.

OOC: No surprise round, actions for round 1 needed.

[/sblock]

Off in the distance, you hear a bell ring and an angry screech echo back towards the main group.

OOC: The floor is fairly dark, so anyone without a light source or low-light/darkvision will be affected.

Map will be posted this evening.

s@squ@tch

First Post
OOC:

First Map is for Void -- it is named Void.

Second map is for the rest of the party, and really, only Domoris and Darv have low-light vision, so Dreadnaught, Morph, Hudder can't see much of anything. Void is hidden from sight, so the party does not know where he is.

Some notes on the map -- you should be able to see the difference between regular and shadowy illumination by the shading. If you can't see through something, it is a wall or pillar, if you can see over it, then it is a partial wall -- still difficult terrain though.

Ceiling is 40' up.

Any other questions, ask.
Now -- initiative and actions!

Attachments

• void.jpg
    void.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 67
  • rest of party.jpg
    rest of party.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Damn.
The Gitz curse his luck of not spotting the trap. He remains hidden. hopefully, the creature will think it the wind or a rat. He tries to find a place where the creature will not see or hear him.

Remaining in stealth mode.

Remove ads