• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

s@squ@tch

First Post
You do not see any buttons or methods of control that would be similar to lifts that you have operated in the past in larger cities, such as Sharn.

Actually, the shaft is carved with patterns and frescoes of various things -- plants, giant-figures, clouds -- all sized to be normal for someone of a giant stature.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Darv looks around for a moment, then says,"If there are no buttons that controls this lift, then perhaps it was voice activated."

He pauses, clears his throat and says,"Hello Mr. Lift, can you help us?"

Nothing happens.

The gnome furrows his brow then snaps his fingers and laughs.

"Well, I think I know why that didn't work -- I am such the fool."

The gnome begins again,"Hranth bjor, sarvio uns bargens?"
[sblock=Giant]
"Hello Mr. Lift, can you help us?"
[/sblock]

An ancient sounding voice fills the space.

"Warez donth"?

[sblock=Giant]

"How may I be of service?"

[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Question for the gang...I apologize for not being clear enough about this IC, so I just wanna be sure we're clear OOC. Do y'all want Dreadnought to stay a distance from the rest of the group, so the scrying eye on him won't see or hear you? And if so, are y'all okay with him being on the lift, or is he supposed to stay behind?)

EvolutionKB

First Post
OOC: I'm okay with Dreadnaught coming along.

"Sae ronta dez ito, forno."

[sblock=Giant]
"We wish to journey up the heights of the tower, please lower."
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Wolf-Domoris snarls at the strange language, but says nothing.

OOC: Domoris made is clear that staying away wouldn't help. In his mind, it'll just target someone else. So Dreadnaught can come.

s@squ@tch

First Post
The lift lowers itself to the ground, allowing all to board.

Then begins to speak again in giant.

[sblock=Giant]

"Where would you like to go?"

[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Giant]

"Are you creatures deaf? I asked you where you would like to go!"

"Do you think I have nothing better to do than sit here and listen to your mindless chatter?"

The lift sighs with disgust.

"Oh, if my creators could see me now...."

[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
The wizard speaks again in the language of giants. "I am sorry, do not mistake my lack of response for codemnation of you or your creator's greatness. I am in awe of such a thing as you. Something so magnificant doesn't belong here, you should be experienced by all races. First floor please."

Remove ads