S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Domoris]

As you create light in the small, confined space, you notice that the half-orc is indeed dead.

The smell hits your senses next. The rank stench penetrates your nostrils -- you'd guess that death occured over a week ago.

The opening itself is scarcely larger than the body fit inside of it. You figure that the dying half-orc crawled its way in here, then died.

On the debris directly in from of the corpse is some scrawled writing, and it appears to be written in dried blood.

Only a few broken words appear on the debris -- "Save bodies for chief" , "Ambushed"

[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Domoris turns into a wolf and drags a half-orc carcass out of the barricade. Shifter once again, his answers to any questions are terse. Crawled and died. Scrawled something about 'saving bodies for chief' and about an 'ambush.' Nothing else in there.

Shayuri

First Post
Dreadnought pauses and watches Domoris, then says, "I meant to ask before you so hastily wriggled in there...but what did you mean by 'fool construct lets them see us?' Is there some question about my loyalty?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Dreadnought pauses and watches Domoris, then says, "I meant to ask before you so hastily wriggled in there...but what did you mean by 'fool construct lets them see us?' Is there some question about my loyalty?"
The shifter looks at the warforged plainly. Scrying works on strength of will. Or those it have connection to. Scryer knows you or think you best target.

Shayuri

First Post
Stung at the implication, nevertheless Dreadnought realized the course of action was obvious.

"I will wait apart from the rest of you," he stated. "It's unlikely this tower has dangers you'll need me to face in it. That way the enemy will not be able to see or hear your discussions and discoveries."

"Perhaps later, when the magic has expired, you will share them with me."

s@squ@tch

First Post
Ganyon wriggles in and pulls out his former clanmate.

"I had hoped he'd be alive...." chokes out the guide.

A minute or so later, he able to compose himself.

"So, dey took da bodies o' my clansmen? I dunt lik dat one bit."

"Khyber knows wut dey got planned wit 'im."

s@squ@tch

First Post
Ganyon shivers noticeably.

"De thought ov me mates bein' roasted ona spit turns mah stomak."

From behind Morph, Darv's voice pipes up,"I have to admit, I'm not an expert upon the dietary habits of the giant species, but it seems strange for them to prey upon humanoids, as we are not exactly much of a morsel for them."

He crosses his arms and taps the side of his forehead as he thinks a moment.

"In either case, whether it be for bizarre undeath experiments, which also seems odd, or if it is for food.....wait. What if the mind flayers are in league with the giants -- perhaps to reanimate them for.... food? Like what I think happened with Asenfel?" The gnome shivers as well.

"Perhaps you are right, they did want to keep them for food.." his voice trails off.

"What do we do now?" he says to the others.

Farce

First Post
Hudder will shake his head out of whatever stuppor managed to silence the normally gregarious dwarf. "Darv's right, it ain't like them giants ta be eating people, but with them octupus heads floating around, everything else is all screwed up. Where da ya s'pose that stairwell be leadin'?" Hudder asks, growing more uncomfortable every minute.

s@squ@tch

First Post
"Doz stairs leed tah da basement -- some sort o' enjin dun der dat makes dis place nice inside."

"I bin down der once in da past. Nothing too special -- pretty picked over"

Remove ads