• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Domoris shrugs at the 'forged. Whoever watches you will know if you behind and just get one of us. Or get you. Either way, someone is gotten.

As the others talk about the dispositions of the corpses, Domoris grunts, Follow blood or smell to find bodies.

EvolutionKB

First Post
"Yes," Morph says, cocking his head, "the mindflayerers are the consumers. Either way," he continues, "if there is nothing else down there, there is no reason to stay here. Ganyon, lead on. If we can find some giant's perhaps we can persuade them to talk to us."

Shayuri

First Post
"I have a suggestion," Dreadnought suggests, not at all suggestively.

"If one of us can send a message back to the city to someone explaining what we've discovered, it could help. It seems to me that knowing about these mind creatures could be very valuable, tactically, for future engagements, if our efforts are unsuccessful."

s@squ@tch

First Post
At the mention of sending word back to Stormreach, Ganyon steps forward.

"Ya know, I do have dis sendin' stone 'ere tah do jus' dat. At leas', dats why dey sent it wit' us -- tah lit 'em know what we find so dey can prepare fer the scions return."

A chuckle escapes the small gnome besides the group.

"I could just smack myself for forgetting that they sent that along with us."

"I'm sure they would appreciate knowing about the mindflayers down here as well, since that nice fellow in Stormreach met his end missing a good portion of his brain."

"But what should we do now? Have our jungle friend attempt to track down the assailants, or look around this tower?"

EvolutionKB

First Post
Morph cocks his head at the gnome. "I forgot about the stone as well. As for our plan of action, I would think we should at least give the tower an examination."

Void

I can scout to see if anything dwells in the entrance areas of the towers.
Say the almost invisible and death silenced Gitz as he reveal himself and approach the group.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Domoris shrugs. Smell fades fast. Might be gone now. Tower than I can sniff latter.

Just to test, Domoris becomes the wolf again to test the air.

s@squ@tch

First Post
The group decides to explore the tower -- so they walk/trundle/scamper over towards the lone remaining functional-appearing lift.

The lift floats silently in its shaft.

[sblock=Domoris]
As you transformed into your predator form, you sniff the ground then follow a faint trail to the entrance-way, where the scent disappears. [DC for tracking > 10, so survival check cannot be used in lieu of the Track feat.]

[/sblock]

Remove ads