S1: The Strange Case of Aif Jenkins' Farm (E13 judge) - Concluded

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: No problem :)

Juliana will decend from her room in her chain shirt, and join Eusebius for her meal. However, she keeps an eye out on the others in the inn.

Manzanita

First Post
It gets dark early this time of year, 4:43 pm today, to be exact. The waxing crescent moon is already up. The pair knock on the large door and are asked to identify themselves and state their business by a man on the top of the wall. Security isn't too tight, apparently, as the man then ushers them inside the walls.

"I'm Tom." says the man. He's a human, mid twenties, with long brown hair and a warm, genuine smile. "We offer a hot dinner, comfy hammock, and stabling for your horse for 2 gps. Can't beat that deal in these parts."

Presumably the party accepts. The are shown into the courtyard in which stand several buildings. A kitchen/dining area in which the owners live. An outhouse, a well, a stable, a storage shed, and a common room for guests.

There are only two other guests for dinner this night, a slender brown haired young man, and a dark middle aged human missing his left ear and eye, and having a scar on his left cheek. Dinner is served by Tom's mother and sister.

Manzanita

First Post
The company eats dinner hurridly as all are hungry. With the help of Tom's brother Bill, the duo settle their horses into the stable and then move to the common room where they will sleep. The two men are also staying the night in the common room. The four of you unpack and sit at a table in the middle of the room for a few minutes before bed. An iron wood stove provides a moderate level of warmth.

Just after you've seated yourselves, four more men walk in. Two are halflings, one apears human, and one is a dwarf. The dwarf wears studded leather, holds a waraxe in one hand, and has a backpack in the other. Juliana and Eusebius are startled to recognize the man as none other than Boog.

Everyone - the group has formed. On your next post, please include a physical description of yourself so we can get to know each other better.

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: Beamer is short and slight even for a halfling. His wan skin is drawn tight over his face making his cheek bones prominate and giving him the appearance of a poor child who has never had enough to eat. He wears a deep-green, travel stained cloak over dark brown functional clothing. He carries only a light backpack and a couple of belt pouches.

IC: Beamer scans the room, looking for a place to sit down and eat whatever Tom returns with. He notices the seated group of warriors and, curious about their business, decides to head toward an empty table near them. He considers speaking with them, but assumes his attempts would be rebuffed as they had been ealier.

Patlin

Explorer
Banion is a quiet, unobtrusive sort. He appears to be unarmed, and he's wearing light armor that moves fluidly with him. There's just something about him that says "don't notice me." A convenient trait, but one he's annoyingly unable to turn off when he's trying to get someone to pay attention to him. He looks about the room nervously as he enters, and follows a few steps behind Boog and Beamer. At the soonest opportunity, should no one adress him or otherwise require anything of him, he slips into the shadows where he can be completely unnoticed.

From this vantage point, his confidence (to those few who continue to notice him) seems to increase. He keeps an eye out for any threats that might materialize either to him or his friend Beamer. To a lesser extent, he's also keeping an eye out for his new aquaintences, both the merchant and the apparently unstable psion.

He'll check the place carefully, noting all the exits and paying particular notice to any spots where he might hide. If no assassins seem to be hidden in those spots, he'll begin examining the other patrons for more overt threats.

It'll probably be about ten minutes befor ehe feels comfortable enough to order dinner, though if he's confronted or if one of his companions wish to introduce him to someone he'll come forward (nervously.)

El Jefe

First Post
Boog didn't startle easily. But of all the people to run into here north of Rivenblight, he hadn't expected Juliana and Eusebius.

"What are you doing here?", came his anticlimactic question. Boog was a being of few words and even fewer social graces.

Undoubtedly, it was the same Boog they had known before. He appeared to be human, although his habits were odd for one of that kind, to say the least. An unruly mop of brick-red hair topped his head, at the usual height for a human. Boog's build was a cross between that of an overfed scholar and soldier, although he took up neither of those pursuits. His skin was as pale, his eyes as dark and bloodshot as the last time the pair had seen him. With his dark blue cloak, a pack on his back, and a staff in his hand, he appeared to be some sort of odd traveler. Only the darkwood crossbow hanging from his waist betrayed him as somewhat more formidable then the usual wanderer.

Manzanita

First Post
The sandy-haired man introduces himself as well. "Hi. I'm Toler. This is my buddy Rafferty." He points to the maimed man on his left. His saddlebags hang from his chair. He pulls out a bottle of wine from one. There appear to be several more where that one came from.

"We've had a run of good luck. And where I come from I need to share that fortune for it to continue. So tonight, the wines on me." He struggles a bit and removes the cork with his teeth. He then stands and moves to the wall where various clay mugs and bowls sit on a shelf. Taking a mug for each person present, he sets them on the table. He pours everyone half a mug, and pushes them around.

"You come on out now," he says to Banion, motioning him over. "You look a familiar, too. Now where have I seen you before?"

Reinert the merchant sits and takes a deep draw of the wine. "Thank you, my good man." he says. He seems quite at ease. He's a middle aged dwarf, going a bit grey at the temples, but is sturdily built and seems at ease with his weapons.

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
"You come on out now," he says to Banion, motioning him over. "You look a familiar, too. Now where have I seen you before?"

Banion comes over.

"Well, Sir, as I recall I suggested you might hire me as an extra guard for your caravan, but you didn't take me seriously. No offense taken, of course, many people are fooled by my size. Though if you're inclined to test my skills, I'd be happy to enlighten you as to just how competent a halfling can be."

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer also approaches the table. "We were fortunate that Mr. Reinert generously provided us a ride so no harm done. What is it that we are celebrating?" Beamer files away Boog's reaction to be asked about later if more is not revealed. The wine is a bit warm for Beamer's taste and he is tempted to chill it with a prestidigation spell, but does not want to reveal too much about himself to these new people.

OOC: bluff (1d20+10=24) to conceal his suspicion of Juliana and Eusebius.

Remove ads