S1: The Strange Case of Aif Jenkins' Farm (E13 judge) - Concluded

Manzanita

First Post
Someone should wear the boots. What the heck. There's another magic item you took from a fallen foe,the function of which I believe you understand. Might come in handy in a fight...

Patlin

Explorer
Yes, Banion will wear the boots unless someone else expresses a greater need.

Do you refer to the Scythe? No way we're using that!

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC:
Manzanita said:
The demonic green woman has a ring which radiates faint abjuration. She also has a small tan bag on her belt which radiates moderate conjuration.

Mano has a white pearl on a simple gold chain which radiates moderate transmutation. He also has a small bone amulet which radiates faint transmutation. His black boots radiate Faint transmutation.

Beamer will take the bag of tricks assuming there are no complaints. Juliana expressed interest in the ring or amulet, the functions of which I can probably guess. Since the enemies were wearing them, they are probably safe. Eusebius could use one of either the ring or amulet as well. We can figure out values when we have a chance to sell or not sell and make sure everyone gets about equal shares.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Manzanita said:
Oh - I've been meaning to give you all a chance to make a Knowledge (nature) check, DC 14. Does anyone have a rank in that to give them a shot?
History and Psionics, not nature.

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana will don the amulet.

OOC: The Amulet is likely someone of Wisdom or health, either of which would be good for Jules. If it's natural armor, Jules is less interested, since she can activate that by a power. The ring is likely a ring of protection, which Jules wouldn't mind but probably doesn't need as badly as others. If the pearl is a pearl of power, that's up Father E's ally.

Manzanita

First Post
OK - so no clues from K-nature. Oh well. I'd hoped things would be a bit clearer at this point, but you're doing pretty well, I think.

This brewing combat in S2 promises to be the most complex I've run, & I've been working on it to the exclusion of my adventure summary here. I'll give it a shot, though.

This adventure was based on the Firery Dragon module Himrack Orc Assault. As usual, I modified the module significantly to fit it into my campaign arc. The orcs turned out weaker than I suspected. Juliana, particularly, can cut right through them almost never taking damage.

I did foresee this adventure as taking place largely in one day. I was wondering how those depending upon spells or power points would conserve their energy enough to make it. I'd given Boog a dream as a warning about this, but I combined it with an action post, so I didn't end up giving you time to discuss it.

It was a combat -heavy module. There's mystery, too, which you've partly figured out. I hope you do eventually learn more of Mr. Jenkins. That's an advantage to running a story arc. If you don't figure it out in this module, I'll just have to stick the rest of it into another.

Remove ads