S2: War in Vastermarch - Completed

Manzanita

First Post
"Ah, who's to say no god did win the stone?" asks Poto avuncularly. "According to my friend Volidar, a god did win it. The god Jareth, it is said, somehow won this strange stone. Though what the god of gaming would want with a hell-furnace is beyond me."

"Now Father Eusebius. You are at the heart of this quest. You are on a personal mission from your god, are you not? Have you any recourse to help us determine the best way to destroy this weapon? Can you not ask your god? Have you not run into anything in the course of your travels that could aid us in this conundrum. I would very much prefer to get it right the first time & not wander about the lands in search of perfect agent of destruction. I fear the longer we hold this item, the greater our danger."

K-religion DC 10
[sblock] Feel free to read Jareth's entry and assume your PC knows all of this.

K-Religion DC 20: tell me
[/sblock]

Last edited:

rln

Explorer
"It'd be at least two weeks of travel before we're on the island, I'd wager. Then there's a problem of the actual chuckin', of course... but no fear, me friend Razh here has a strong arm."

Listening to Poto discuss the different cults of Seto, Ogrin interjects: "Raven's Scythe, huh. This blade doesn't happen to have a raven symbol on it, ay?" Upon seeing the blank faces of his companions, Ogrins face drops into a scowl. "Oh, come on! Surely, you must have examined it at least!"

OOC: From reading the S1 thread, it appears the party did cast detect magic on it, but didn't actually investigate it any further...

"A fire even the gods fear... so why doesn't the fire spread through the forest, ay? Does this met'l rock contain it somehow?"[SBLOCK=Whispered to Razh]"A mystic met'l, fallen from the stars, limited in supply, that holds heat and fire at bay... which noble wouldn't want armour made of that? I'd wager we could make some jingle of it, if brought to the right smith. Too bad Juliana left, we could've used her expertise on these matters, I think."[/SBLOCK]To Eusebius, Ogrin replies"Yeah, 'Love conquers all', ay? I seriously doubt that, Brother E. Love does funny things to ya. It don't make ya right... in yer head." Ogrin stares down at his half empty glass of ale. "Trust me... I know."

OOC: Untrained Knowledge: Religion test: 12 (forgot I had bonus intelligence :)

"Jareth? The great old gambler? Wouldn't surprise me if he won it off another god in a thrilling game o' tic-tac-toe."

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
"Well, maybe we could question Torvin Arkenthrasher again before we decide our course of action. But I feel much better today than I did yesterday. I couldn't have imagined yesterday actually being in possesion of this vile weapon and such noble company. Let's retire for the night and make a decision in the morning. Please, I insist you come sleep at my shop. I've got some cots which will be more comfortable than those piles of straw." says Poto.

We've clearly moved past S2 here, and into S3. So I'm going to start a new thread. I'll leave this open for any discussion until tomorrow. I'll also put in a final (minor) XP award, and post an adventure summary and DM commentary.

rln

Explorer
Ogrin is waiting for Talbin to draw, but he doesn't seem very interested. Since Nodis left once he saw his short straw, Ogrin picks up the amulet and the cloak. After some calculations, he finds he doesn't have the money to return, but Razh lends him some for the night, and on the morrow Ogrin repays the debt after selling some minor potions and other items.

OOC: Since Nodis left and Talbin is not responding, I picked up both of these items.

"You go ahead and take both potions, Razh. In fact, I'll even sell you one of mine, if ya want it. I'll need the cash to balance me part of the loot, see."

OOC: If Razh (or anyone else) is interested in buying a potion of CMW at full value, that would mean I don't have to sell two of them to fund the treasure split.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Please put all IC posts in the new thread, S3.

This thread is still available for OOC posting. The adventure summary has already been posted onto the Wiki. I'll add it to the first post in this thread as well.

Erekose13

Explorer
Given that this one didn't really finish back on Page 22 where I awarded DM points and it went on for another couple weeks, I'll be awarding an 8th DM point to you Manz for the half month or so beyond June 10 to Nov 27.

Manzanita

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Given that this one didn't really finish back on Page 22 where I awarded DM points and it went on for another couple weeks, I'll be awarding an 8th DM point to you Manz for the half month or so beyond June 10 to Nov 27.

Thanks, Erekose. Do I not also get a DM credit for the adventure summary for this one and for S1?

Manzanita

First Post
Final XP award.

Time spent 11/11 to 11/28: 1/2 month.
50 XPs for investigating Torvin and Poto
50 bonus XPs to Beamer for his excellent interrogation.

Juliana (7th) - 225 XPs
Beamer (6th) - 250 XPs
Eusebius, Nodis & Banion (6th) - 200 XPs
Ogrin & Razh(5th) - 175 XPs
Talbin (4th) - 150

Razh hasn't updated his CS for any XPs received in S2, that I can tell. I'm assuming you're still the same level as Ogrin. I'll try to get you two up to 6th level ASAP. I think you'll need it to survive S3

Last edited:

Remove ads