• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Sage Advice August 17th

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
We use the aura of vitality with beacon of hope for in and out of combat healing dependent on the circumstances. Extremely powerful combination.

Wow...both concentration though, so two Paladins? Or I suppose one of the Cleric subclasses gets Beacon. And either could be a Bard :)

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
Wow...both concentration though, so two Paladins? Or I suppose one of the Cleric subclasses gets Beacon. And either could be a Bard :)

Yep. We're doing bard and cleric combo. Beacon of Hope already a great spell in many situations. Figure a couple of 3rd level spells for 120 points of healing pretty damn good. prayer of healing and 6 targets with 21 points of damage each would be 126 if we combined beacon with prayer. If you have targets with various levels of damage, beacon and aura better.

Mistwell

Yep. We're doing bard and cleric combo. Beacon of Hope already a great spell in many situations. Figure a couple of 3rd level spells for 120 points of healing pretty damn good. prayer of healing and 6 targets with 21 points of damage each would be 126 if we combined beacon with prayer. If you have targets with various levels of damage, beacon and aura better.

AH jeez I just realized it IS the Life Cleric that gets beacon. Of course it is...and Lore Bard with Aura of Vitality. Two paladin spells, zero paladins.

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
AH jeez I just realized it IS the Life Cleric that gets beacon. Of course it is...and Lore Bard with Aura of Vitality. Two paladin spells, zero paladins.

beacon of hope is a 3rd level cleric spell. It isn't on the paladin spell list. An Oath Paladin gets beacon of hope. It's not a general paladin spell. Clerics are surprisingly powerful. I'm playing one and I'm always shocked by some of the crazy stuff the cleric pulls off.

Mistwell

beacon of hope is a 3rd level cleric spell. It isn't on the paladin spell list. An Oath Paladin gets beacon of hope. It's not a general paladin spell. Clerics are surprisingly powerful. I'm playing one and I'm always shocked by some of the crazy stuff the cleric pulls off.

Oh! Well, shows how little I know about the Cleric spell list :)

Remove ads