• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sagiro's Story Hour Returns (new thread started on 5/18/08)

Gryff

First Post
Oh wow, Sagiro helped make Terra Nova, one of my alltime favourite games :)
Loved the proper continuous laser beams in the suits.

Come to think of it, the list of credited games almost looks like my favourites list, except for Flight unlimited and Thief II.

No, this is not a bump... why do you ask?

KidCthulhu

First Post
Gryff said:
Oh wow, Sagiro helped make Terra Nova, one of my alltime favourite games :)
Loved the proper continuous laser beams in the suits.

Come to think of it, the list of credited games almost looks like my favourites list, except for Flight unlimited and Thief II.

No, this is not a bump... why do you ask?

Thanks, Gryff. As another person who worked on TN, I want to thank all 43 of you who bought and loved the game. Sagiro, BlackJack and I had fun working on it. I think. There was a lot of sleep deprevation and rice krispey treats mixed in there, so my memory gets fuzzy.

Jackylhunter

First Post
Ok, here is a Wiki I found, which lists the names of some of the employees of LGS/LGT/Ion - Lets see if we can figure out whos who from the DoD group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looking_Glass_Studios

Let us know if we get it.

BTW System Shock 1 & 2, and all the Theif titles are amongst my favorate PC games of all time, so in case it hasn't been said recently - You guys rock!, thank you.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
You must be awfully pleased with the Thief reference in the DMG, then.
Eh? Page #?

Jacky, six of the people listed in the wiki are current or former members of my game. :D

EnergyOne, Dranko uses his distance healing ability quite often. It's saved the lives of numerous party members, including Snokas and (ironically) One Certain Step. Ernie uses his strength ability at times; it takes a standard action to activate, so it's often a question of how much time he has.

wedgeski

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
Jacky, six of the people listed in the wiki are current or former members of my game.
biggrin.gif

Holy. Crap. I knew Sagiro had been involved with LG but had refrained from making a point of it... but SIX PLAYERS??!! That's awesome. The tales that could be told around that table...

energy_One

First Post
wedgeski said:
Holy. Crap. I knew Sagiro had been involved with LG but had refrained from making a point of it... but SIX PLAYERS??!! That's awesome. The tales that could be told around that table...

Well, really, it's enough for me just to hear about Looking Glass. The first two Thief games were my favorites of all time.

porthos

Community Supporter
The Name Game

Just got caught up (again) with the SH. Simply mahvalous.

My wife and I (both faithful readers) would like one of the gang to settle a curiosity (disagrement being too strong a word).

Is it ah-RA-vis or AIR-a-vis? Or a-RAH-vis for that matter.

Thanks.

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
porthos said:
...Is it ah-RA-vis or AIR-a-vis? Or a-RAH-vis for that matter.

Thanks.
It's AHR-a-vis, where the "AHR" rhymes with the first syllable of "Harry."

Porthos, I'm glad you're enjoying the story! One of these days, I should get off my butt and transcribe/write/post the next installment or two, in which the great saga of Het Branoi will come to a conclusion. Wait 'til you see what Aravis and Ernie do when [details redacted]. :)

-Sagiro

the Jester

Legend
Sagiro said:
Porthos, I'm glad you're enjoying the story! One of these days, I should get off my butt and transcribe/write/post the next installment or two, in which the great saga of Het Branoi will come to a conclusion. Wait 'til you see what Aravis and Ernie do when [details redacted]. :)

-Sagiro

Sagiro, you're a damn cruel tease. ;)

Fimmtiu

First Post
Piratecat said:
Eh? Page #?

Alas, I haven't the books handy right now. It's in the section on adjudicating player alignments, where the example they give for an alignment conflict is a purely hypothetical TN rogue named Garrett. ;)

Remove ads