• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sagiro's Story Hour Returns (new thread started on 5/18/08)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Ashrum the Black said:
...and to let you know you forgot to update the threads title with the new date.
Got it!

I can't begin to tell you how cool this session was. Plot hooks tossed out eight, nine, ten years previously all went "KLUNK" into place. It was incredibly moving for us.

It's also a good example of how a DM sometimes has to say things out-of-game. We were really worried that anything we'd do would upset the past. Bless him, after 45 minutes of us fretting I think Sagiro told us that he wasn't going to ruin the fun of playing D&D just to screw us over. We were then able to relax enough to actually interact with the world and the NPCs, although we were still erring on the side of caution.

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
Piratecat said:
Got it!

I can't begin to tell you how cool this session was. Plot hooks tossed out eight, nine, ten years previously all went "KLUNK" into place. It was incredibly moving for us.

It's also a good example of how a DM sometimes has to say things out-of-game. We were really worried that anything we'd do would upset the past. Bless him, after 45 minutes of us fretting I think Sagiro told us that he wasn't going to ruin the fun of playing D&D just to screw us over. We were then able to relax enough to actually interact with the world and the NPCs, although we were still erring on the side of caution.

Super satisfying post. And thanks for the note about the session. The frustration and caution came through in the narrative, but also the eventual openness to action. It seems that a time travel adventure is just asking for headaches, and that once the DM picks a certain paradigm he has to stick with it. Glad to hear that you guys are still having fun.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
sniffles said:
Oh, this is awesome. I love time travel stories. I'm so behind now. I've got a lot of catching up to do! :)
No, no you are not behind. Its time travel, you are ahead of the story by a few thousand years.

Great update, very satisfying and nice and long (is that what brought down the boards today?). I am amazed by your ability to weave a story.

Everett

First Post
Sagiro said:
Aravis doesn’t waste any sympathy on the fallen Sharshun. His first comment upon Inivane’s death is:

“Oh, I so want those books. Condor’s books.”

To his credit, he doesn’t drool.

I LOVE that guy.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Nice long post - so long I almost forgot to turn on the TV to watch the Mets (hopefully) pound on the Phillies. :)

I have some time travel stuff coming up in my story hour and the players had similar worries - but I handled allaying them in a different way.

Great work.

Everett

First Post
Sagiro said:
“You’ll have to pardon him,” says Ernie. “Part of the reason he’s wandering is as penitence. He insulted a high priestess, and now he’s trying to learn some MANNERS!”

“Er. Yes. I am. It’s true,” admits Dranko.

Is it? When did that happen?

el-remmen said:
Nice long post - so long I almost forgot to turn on the TV to watch the Mets (hopefully) pound on the Phillies. :)

I have some time travel stuff coming up in my story hour and the players had similar worries - but I handled allaying them in a different way.

Great work.

Care to provide a quick overview? I'll be honest. Your storyhour's too far along for me to start reading now, but I'm interested in hearing tidbits.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads