• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sagiro's Story Hour Returns (new thread started on 5/18/08)

KidCthulhu

First Post
Piratecat said:
We didn't get the giant emerald eyes. Why didn't we get the giant emerald eyes...? *sob*

Because Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, and Sagiro was looking out for Dranko's immortal soul.

Plus, no one really wants to know what Dranko would have done with that stone had he gotten his hands (and other parts of him) on it.

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
KidCthulhu said:
Because Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, and Sagiro was looking out for Dranko's immortal soul.

Plus, no one really wants to know what Dranko would have done with that stone had he gotten his hands (and other parts of him) on it.

At the very least, he would have licked it? Or did I get my Story Hour's crossed again?

GW

Everett

First Post
Sagiro said:
Seeing the two dwarves facing one another, the Company can see that the family resemblance is unmistakable.

Confused...

Are we in a different time period than the last time they talked with Cranchus? If not, then I have no clue at all.

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
Everett said:
Confused...

Are we in a different time period than the last time they talked with Cranchus? If not, then I have no clue at all.

The party has never met Cranchus before. They've heard of him a few times -- a reclusive and mysterious dwarven wizard who has helped the Spire on occasion (though no one in the Spire has ever actually seen him).

The Company is currently about 2000 years in the past, which would make the Cranchus they've heard about in their "normal present" extremely old. (Though that's not without precedent among the Archmagi -- recall that Abernathy was about 900 years old at the time of his death.) The party's current quest is to find a way to return to their own time, and they think that Cranchus -- an Earth Mage himself -- can repair the Eyes of Moirel in order to facilitate that.

-Sagiro

Shmoo

Explorer
Everett said:
Confused...

Perhaps you're mixing up Cranchus with the halfling (whose name currently escapes me) who looks like Ernie?

EDIT: Wow, I can't believe I only have 15 posts. I've been reading this and PC's story for 6+ years! Guess I don't have much to add/ask.

Everett

First Post
I think you do think so. It was a certain scenario, certainly no more than twenty or thirty runs back... where someone important was talking to Ernie, and it wasn't Cranchus?

Was it before the tentacle battle where OCS fulfilled his prophecy? No... was it not long afterwards?... that's my intuitive feeling about it...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads