Sanctuary [Sci-Fi]

TwinBahamut

First Post
I only watched a part of it (I started at about the 15 minute mark and stopped at the 45 minute mark when I realized it was going to last 2 hours), and maybe it was just the part I was watching, but it just seemed a bit boring with very unoriginal dialogue. The woman who was recruiting the new guy just kept spouting off extremely cliche lines about how everything was going to change, and they kept on dragging out the "big reveal" so long that I just gave up on it.

I liked the Urban Arcana/Shadow Chasers/Dark*Matter vibe to it, but it just didn't go anywhere fast enough for my tastes. Maybe I will catch a later episode and give it another try.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Other than knowing everything was green screen, it did not grab me. I will keep checking it out for a couple of more weeks to see if it grows on me.

kroh

First Post
Is this technically season 2 or did they beef up the webisodes from last year? Is the cast still the same (Amanda Tapping as the Doc) or did they bring in a new crew?

Regards,
Walt

Oni

First Post
I was underwhelmed to say the least. The daughter was annoying, the fight scene was kind of goofy and not all that well choreographed. FX were a little too obvious. I kept thinking throughout that the psychologist fellow ought to be older. Now that I think about it the only character I liked was Magnus. It annoyed me that they took something that could have been potentially interesting, the relationship between the villian and the mother daughter and just killed him instead. Maybe I'm being overly critical but I think it's reasonable to expect a little more out of TV show these days. I won't go out of my way to watch it again, that is for sure.

Elodan

Adventurer
With Stargate Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica ending after this season, I was excited about this new series. After watching the pilot I'm left....underwhelmed. The visuals were nice but it didn't really "grab" me. I'll probably give it another episode or two, but thus far I'm not terribly impressed.

Wait, this wasn't the new Stargate series?

It was a tad too long and predicable, but overall I enjoyed it and plan on watching the next few to see where it goes.

Remove ads