• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

saregas

sappire07

First Post
this is supposed to be the final encounter of my war of the ancients campaign but it seems kinda weak to me. tell me what you think

saregas
Level 37 Solo

Large
elementalhumanoid

XP 315,000

Initiative +27 Senses Perception +32; truesight
HP 1,540; Bloodied 770
AC 51; Fortitude 49; Reflex 50; Will 48
Immune sleep; acid; cold; Resist 17 acid, 20 fire; Vulnerable 15 divine
Saving Throws +5
Speed 6
Action Points 2

m blade of the legion (standard; at-will) • Martial
+42 vs AC;2d10+13

C legions fury (standard; recharge 6)
(when bloodoed)close burst 2;+45 vs AC; 2d10+18 damage and ongoing 15 necrotic damage(save ends)

r chaos bolt (standard; at-will)
range 20;+40 vs reflex;3d8+10 and target is dazed(save ends)

A Necrotic Web (standard; recharge 4 5 6) • Necrotic, Zone
Area burst 3 within 20; targets living creatures; +40 vs Reflex; 2d6 + 12 necrotic damage, and the target is restrained and takes ongoing 20 necrotic damage (save ends both). The burst creates a zone of webs that lasts until the end of the encounter. The zone is difficult terrain, and a living creature that ends its move in the web is restrained and takes ongoing 20 necrotic damage (save ends both)

R Ray of Death (standard; at-will) • Necrotic
Ranged 20; +40 vs Reflex; 2d8 + 15 necrotic damage, and the target loses a healing surge

Alignment Evil
Languages —
Str 31 (+28)
Dex 28 (+27)
Wis 28 (+27)
Con 31 (+28)
Int 34 (+30)
Cha 28 (+27)

© 2009 Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. This monster statistics block has been generated using the D&D Adventure Tools.

keterys

First Post
Unless your group is overdoing the psionic powers that you can spam for -Stat defenses and attacks, I'd suggest using a lower level solo so that the attack and defenses will be more inline.

You should definitely consider using the new damage expressions. 3d12+25 is a lot more threatening than 2d10+13.

Your solo has no defenses against status or penalty lockdown.
Your solo has no non-standard action powers. It should have a set of multi-target standards, single target or effect minors, and some ability to keep things mobile.

As an easy start, make both rays into minor 1/round attacks. I'd also consider giving it an aura and perhaps a close attack that lets it teleport.

sappire07

First Post
thanks. i will do what i can as my subscription to DDI ran out just before i could update adventure tools. what lvl solo do you suggest?

Remove ads