• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Savage Tide Player's Guide

Old_Man_Fish

First Post
It is worth the five bucks, not necessarily the 10 bucks (5 for product, 5 for shipping). The only reason I say the latter is because I know that it WILL be free here sometime in the next month. It is very well put together and in my opinion a very good primer for the campaign....

Make sure you get it one way or the other before you start.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Yeah, I also feel the $10 total is steep for the book. It's nice, and worth $5, but if I'd known a free pdf was coming, I'd have waited for that instead.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Yeah if it's free...dunno if I want to waste the money on it. Buying Dungeon is one thing. But this...is a bit much. Age of Worms overload worked so well because it was not only free but it was bigger than this...I think.

rom90125

Banned
Banned
Nightfall said:
Yeah if it's free...dunno if I want to waste the money on it. Buying Dungeon is one thing. But this...is a bit much. Age of Worms overload worked so well because it was not only free but it was bigger than this...I think.

Just had a reply on the Paizo boards from James Jacobs...the pdf version of ST Player's Guide will indeed be free once it is posted. Too bad I already ordered the damn book....

You can read James response here:
http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/dragon/generalDiscussion/savageTidingsFreeSupplement

Erik Mona

Adventurer
It's probably worth mentioning that this is quite different from the Age of Worms Overload. That product was basically a collection of "left-over" files from the first adventure, including an overview of the entire campaign and dozens of stat blocks to help a DM run the campaign.

This is a resource for players, and can be given to them so that they have a better understanding of the town of Sasserine (where the first part of the Savage Tide takes place) before the campaign begins.

We printed a couple thousand of them to hand out as subscription premiums at Gen Con, and have been selling the leftovers to collectors and folks who prefer the presentation of a printed product. The PDF should be available by the middle of next week, at the latest.

--Erik Mona
Publisher
Paizo Publishing, LLC

Remove ads