• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Savage Tide Player's Guide

Felon

First Post
Got mine yesterday. It's pretty nice in format, but it's really nothing you wouldn't be able to print out on your own. No big fold-out maps or anything.

Wraith Form

Explorer
Nightfall said:
Rom,
COOL! :) Thanks man. Saved me 5 bucks. :)
You're so poor that you can't give them an extra five bucks? I mean, if you are I'm sorry, but...this is a dying industry, so if tossing them a few bucks will help keep it alive for just a little longer I don't begrudge them that.

Just sayin'.

rom90125

Banned
Banned
Wraith Form said:
You're so poor that you can't give them an extra five bucks? I mean, if you are I'm sorry, but...this is a dying industry, so if tossing them a few bucks will help keep it alive for just a little longer I don't begrudge them that.

Just sayin'.

Let's not start a flame war, but, $5 for the book (soon to be published as a free pdf) and another $5 for shipping. That's 10 bucks for a soon to be free product. If I had known they were going to release it as a free pdf, I would not have purchased it. As it is, when I saw the price of the book doubled (by adding in cost of shipping), I decided to add a flip mat from Steel Sqwire to the order. So, because of a $5 shipping fee, they got another $9 out of me (for the flip mat). I don't feel quilty for feeling slightly screwed over by purchasing a product that is scheduled to be released for free in another format as I've purchased alot from them in the last year (subscription to both dragon and dungeon, the Shackled City HC, an electronic copy of Dungeon issue #112). But rather than blame them, I take responsibility for not checking all channels regarding the ST Player's Guide PDF release BEFORE purchasing the book.

Rauol_Duke

First Post
rom90125 said:
If I had known they were going to release it as a free pdf, I would not have purchased it.

Just a note, if I recall correctly, the free PDF will not include the two-panel map of Sasserine that the $5 hard-copy features on the inside cover. It's the same map that came with Dungeon #139 in four-panel format...

rom90125

Banned
Banned
Rauol_Duke said:
Just a note, if I recall correctly, the free PDF will not include the two-panel map of Sasserine that the $5 hard-copy features on the inside cover. It's the same map that came with Dungeon #139 in four-panel format...

Then my sense of feeling 'slightly screwed over' is lessened.

Agamon

Adventurer
I got not one, but two (one to bribe the DM) :) I've always liked printed products over PDFs, I'm glad they made this available.

Wraith Form

Explorer
rom90125 said:
Let's not start a flame war, but, $5 for the book (soon to be published as a free pdf) and another $5 for shipping. That's 10 bucks for a soon to be free product. If I had known they were going to release it as a free pdf, I would not have purchased it. As it is, when I saw the price of the book doubled (by adding in cost of shipping), I decided to add a flip mat from Steel Sqwire to the order. So, because of a $5 shipping fee, they got another $9 out of me (for the flip mat). I don't feel quilty for feeling slightly screwed over by purchasing a product that is scheduled to be released for free in another format as I've purchased alot from them in the last year (subscription to both dragon and dungeon, the Shackled City HC, an electronic copy of Dungeon issue #112). But rather than blame them, I take responsibility for not checking all channels regarding the ST Player's Guide PDF release BEFORE purchasing the book.
No flame war needed or required. $10 total for the booklet + shipping is not unreasonable. Is it my favorite cost? No. Do I want to keep Dungeon Magazine alive, as it's one of the few D&D resources I have avaiable that is WORTH every penny? Yes. Paizo / WotC can have my $5 for shipping.

Remove ads