• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Savage Worlds Rifts [OOC]

GreenKarl

First Post
So I'm not sure what to do with Alenys' money LOL She doesn't need a whole lot. About all I can think of getting is a Survival Pack and mundane armor for her human form (Maverick? Light/Medium Ley Line Walker?) I could take the Combat Mage Armor. I guess I do have 10 PPE I'm not using right now. Same with the TK Revolver (I have the pump pistol). What does the Eyepatch of Gorth do again? Shadow cloak could be nice...

Also considering whether I should take one of the chain swords (greatsword?) or one of the mini-rail guns for use in human form. I do have the martial artist edge, though.

Thoughts? I did consider buying a vehicle for the team, but no one has drive, and 15K isn't enough to really get a vehicle.

If Alenys and Dawn pooled their money they could afford a Big Boss (28,000 credits for a new one)

Big Boss ATV: Size 4, Acc/TS 15/60, Toughness 23 (12), Crew 1+3, Remaining Mods 2; Notes: All-Terrain, MDC Armor.

It can carry 300 lbs of cargo, has a top hatch but no standard weapons and has a range of 300 miles on one electrical charge. I think/thought you guys had a Magical Power Generator but if one that could recharge the ATV would probably be another 5,000 credits and would either need to be on a Lay-Line or use 10 PPE/ISP to generator the power that would recharge the ATV, etc. in about an hour.

Also for Alenys, remember that armor does not stack, so your Dragon Hide in Human form gives you +8 MDC and +3 Toughness. The TW Wizard armor is not as good but does give you access to the darksight and farsight (costing either PPE or ISP to use) powers and so it might be worth it.

You are still strong enough in your Human form that you could use the Mini-Rail gun (or could be mounted onto a vehicle) or Great Chainsword. The great one is two handed of course.

The Eyepatch of Gorth is Magical; cancel One-Eye Hindrance; for 1PP per round, access speak language power and +1 to Persuasion and Streetwise skill checks; Wt. 0lb

tglassy

Adventurer
I could always retcon my Wingboard and get a vehicle for the party. I liked the idea of the Wingboard, but I can literally pick any vehicle I want, from my fortune and glory roll. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

GreenKarl

First Post
James has Pilot, and he's pretty good at it. If we got a hovercraft of some kind, he could fly it.

The base book does not list any large hovercraft but we could probably make some up if the group wants to go that way. It would be move expensive though so you would probably have to sell/trade some of their other loot to afford one.

So for example I would think something like this...

Lighthorse HoverCraft: Size 5, Acc/TS 20/60 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 21 (10), Crew 1+5, Remaining Mods 5
Notes: Hover, Handling 1, Environmental Systems, Sensor Suite
Cost: 80,000 credits (based on the HoverCycle without weapons, but bigger)

Same deal, has an electrical charge that last for about 300 miles. A nuclear powered one would be around 450,000 credits.

CharlotteOz

Explorer
All right, if no one else is taking it I'll take the eyepatch of Gorth since Dawn is sorta a Face. I would take the TW revolver, but I think Deezy laid dibs. And I already nabbed a pump pistol and the light blade, as well as Killboy's grenades (speaking of, Alenys, grenades are never a bad idea.)

Once we determine who gets what, will we sell the rest and divy it up?

As for an ATV, Dawn can't actually drive - her getaround skill is Riding. So does this version of Rifts have robot horses, or should she get a real one?

tglassy

Adventurer
The base book does not list any large hovercraft but we could probably make some up if the group wants to go that way. It would be move expensive though so you would probably have to sell/trade some of their other loot to afford one.

Lighthorse HoverCraft: Size 5, Acc/TS 20/60 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 21 (10), Crew 1+5, Remaining Mods 5

Same deal, has an electrical charge that last for about 300 miles. A nuclear powered one would be around 450,000 credits.

Well, there's the Sky Boat, which could be James' home, and there's the TK Flyer. Come to think of it, I kind of like the idea of having a Sky Boat as his home, and he uses it to transport the group wherever.

tglassy

Adventurer

Well, there's the Sky Boat, which could be James' home, and there's the TK Flyer. Come to think of it, I kind of like the idea of having a Sky Boat as his home, and he uses it to transport the group wherever.

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, respecced Squidge to be techier. Her skills are broad, but not deep...but the real power comes from her Telemechanics. That gives her a +4 with skills used with or on computers or electronics. That means her Knowledge skills, Lockpicking for electronic security systems, and even Driving as long as the vehicle has electronic control systems. She has a little social skills, but Dawn is definitely the face now. :)

View attachment 83927

Character Name: Squidge
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Mind Melter
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5 (9 in armor) ; ISP: 30
Skills:
Psionics 1d12 (1)
Knowledge: Electronics 1d8 (3)
Knowledge: Computers 1d8
Shooting 1d6 (2)
Fighting 1d4 (1)
Driving 1d6 (2)
Streetwise 1d8 (3)
Persuasion 1d4 (1)
Lockpicking 1d6 (2)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): "Yep, I can do this."
Delusional (Minor): "If I were in charge, I could get everyone to get along."
Wanted (Minor): A fugitive from a Coalition State.

Edges
Attractive (+2 Charisma)
Power Points (+10)
Rapid Recharge (recover 1 ISP/30 minutes)
Telemechanics (+4 to rolls involving electronics and computers)

Powers:
Armor 2ISP, +4 armor, touch, 3 rnds (1/rnd)
Greater Armor 5ISP, 10MDC, touch, 3rnds (1/rnd)

Entangle 2ISP, -2 Pace and Agi/Str skills (skills unusable on raise), 4ISP target MBT, Smrt "
Greater Entangle +2ISP, targets of Entangle are fully Entangled on any success (-4 to escape on raise)

Telekinesis (Str 1d6), 5ISP, lift creature or wield weapon at range using Spirit, Smrt ", 3 rnds (1/rnd)
Exalted Telekinesis (Str d12+2) 10ISP, really really strong, 2xSmrt ", 3 rnds (1/rnd)

Mind Reading 3ISP, vs target Smart, one truthful answer per use; target is aware unless raise
Mind Walk 6ISP, can explore deep memories or ask any question, 2xSmrt", 5 minutes (1/minute)

Telepathy 2ISP, 2 way mental communication w/willing target, -4 to contact if no sight
Exalted Telepathy 4ISP, within 1 mile contact allies with no roll or search for minds at no penalty or contact all minds at once, 3 rnds (1/rnd)

Illusion 3ISP, vs target Spirit, force target to sense things that aren't there or sense the environment differently, Smrt", 3 rnds (1/rnd)
Deadly Illusion 6ISP, 1 Wound can be done as part of an illusion, 2xSmrt ", 3 rnd (1/rnd)

Gear
ED-5 "Plastic Man" Light Security Armor
- +4 armor, full environmental, no Str min, 13lbs
NG-33 laser pistol
- 2d4+1 damage, 15/30/60" rng, RoF 1, AP 2, 20 shots, 4lbs

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Credits: 1300

[sblock=Iconic Framework]Arcane Background: Psionics (20 ISP, d8 psionics, 5 powers)
Expanded Awareness: Detect Arcana at will, free action
Major Psionic: 2ISP +1 psionic skill, 4ISP +2 psionic skill; x2 on ley line, 10ISP per edge
Master Psionic Edge (mega powers)
Mental Resistance: +4 to resist psionics, +4 armor vs psionics
Complication: Quirk
Complication: Enemies
Complication: Feared (-2 Charisma towards those who fear mind melters)[/sblock]

[sblock=Hero’s Journey]Narrative Hook
Roll result 14
Description: Formerly associated with a Coalition State; fugitive now of course.

Hook: 1d20 14

Psionics
Roll result 8
Description: One power of any rank from own list (Telekinesis)

Psionics
Roll result 11
Description: 1 power autoraises on success (Armor)

Psionics
Roll result 11
Description: 1 power autoraises on success (Illusion).

Underworld and Black Ops
Roll result 20
Description: Choose any one (3-4 - Gain Knowledge: Computers at d8, and +2 to all electronic security rolls)

Hero's Journey: 4#1d20 20 8 11 11[/sblock]

Advances
Initial Advances: (From Hindrances): +1d Smarts, Rapid Recharge
Free Edge (Human): Attractive
Novice 1 Advance: Power Points
Novice 2 Advance: +1d Psionics
Novice 3 Advance: +1d Spirit
Seasoned 1 Advance: Telemechanics

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Ok, guys. What do you think? Sky Boat or TK Flyer? Sky Boat would be more like a yacht, can hold 14 people and their stuff comfortably, has room for four more mods. It's flying in style, but the downsides are it takes 3 initial PP to fly, and it can only fly on Lay lines.

The TK Flyer is a little smaller. It's a prop plane, can carry up to 8 people and their gear, but has the added benefit of being able to fly off laylines at 2 pp per hour. It's a little tougher, but only has room for two mods. It also can't hover, so it'll need a landing strip to land.

I'm leaning towards the Boat, because it's more comfortable and can literally be our base of operation, but having a vehicle that can fly anywhere can be good, too.

So thoughts?

Remove ads