Savage Worlds Rifts [OOC]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
If Alenys and Dawn pooled their money they could afford a Big Boss (28,000 credits for a new one)

Big Boss ATV: Size 4, Acc/TS 15/60, Toughness 23 (12), Crew 1+3, Remaining Mods 2; Notes: All-Terrain, MDC Armor.

It can carry 300 lbs of cargo, has a top hatch but no standard weapons and has a range of 300 miles on one electrical charge. I think/thought you guys had a Magical Power Generator but if one that could recharge the ATV would probably be another 5,000 credits and would either need to be on a Lay-Line or use 10 PPE/ISP to generator the power that would recharge the ATV, etc. in about an hour.

Also for Alenys, remember that armor does not stack, so your Dragon Hide in Human form gives you +8 MDC and +3 Toughness. The TW Wizard armor is not as good but does give you access to the darksight and farsight (costing either PPE or ISP to use) powers and so it might be worth it.

You are still strong enough in your Human form that you could use the Mini-Rail gun (or could be mounted onto a vehicle) or Great Chainsword. The great one is two handed of course.

The Eyepatch of Gorth is Magical; cancel One-Eye Hindrance; for 1PP per round, access speak language power and +1 to Persuasion and Streetwise skill checks; Wt. 0lb

I keep forgetting that about Alenys' armor LOL

The mini rail gun and great chainsword are tempting, and I kind of want them, but...they just don't fit my concept of Alenys :( I'm kind of going for that slender wisp of a girl that you think "oh, she's not dangerous" until she hits you with a car. Or turns into a dragon. Lugging around a railgun or chainsword kind of obviates that LOL

I will swap out the pump pistol for one of the TK pistols so at least I have some range attack in human form. It's one less damage, but I won't have to worry about ammo.

Everything else can be sold then, and still don't have anything to spend her 15K on LOL

Does the Zone Ranger have weapons? Could we mount one of the mini rail guns on it?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Never mind. I'll keep the TX-5 Pump pistol. It does Mega-Damage.

Question on ammo for it: Normally when you start with a weapon, you start with two reloads. But these were looted. Are there any reloads for the pump pistol that we found? Or am I limited to the one ammo pack in the weapon right now? Just want to know if I need to buy more.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
BTW, they released new Errata for the Savage Rifts books. If you have the PDFs, redownload them. If you have the print book, there's a free PDF of the errata.

GreenKarl

First Post
You found 5 pump pistols off the orcs and each one had one reload clip so with Dawn and Alanys each taking one you still have a number of extra clips if you want them...

I will check out the Errata

CharlotteOz

Explorer
If I'm interested in a robit horse that I can use Riding to control and that can roughly keep up with whatever vehicles we're using, what can I get and for how much?

Alternately: can I trade in my d6 in Riding for a d6 in Driving and get a bike?

EDIT: Found a robot horse in Savage Foes of North America under the 1st Apocalyptic Calvary's listing, but no price attached.

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
Hmm in Rifts New West Bandio Arms and Northern Guns both make robot horse but the base model is listed as 2 million credits!!!! But comparing prices in Savage Worlds Rifts and Rifts of some vehicles I think it would cost around 200,000 credits. BUT yes you can use Ride with a Robot Horse...

You could make a request for the Tomorrow League to help you purchase one if you want to ask...

Shayuri

First Post
Yeah, vehicles are no joke in Rifts. Super expensive. I guess it kind of makes sense, given how limited mass manufacture is (relative to pre-rifts Earth).

Remove ads