• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Save the Hive, Save the ENWorld!

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
And just because it survives wouldn't mean it could be a real threat. Has anyone ever made any calculations on the rate of consumption of such a hole?

I'm sure I saw such a calculation somewhere, though I can't say anything about it's credibility as it was one of the conspiracy-pages :D. But it basically said that even the smallest possible stable black-hole would consume earth in few minutes.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'm sure I saw such a calculation somewhere, though I can't say anything about it's credibility as it was one of the conspiracy-pages :D. But it basically said that even the smallest possible stable black-hole would consume earth in few minutes.
That would be bad. :eek: :uhoh:

Ginnel

Explorer
No you don't. It has been mathematically proved so it must be true. See:

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.
*puts on his maths hat* hmm lets give this a stab.

Infinity is everything, and its more. Its a number that can't be numbered because its ever increasing (whenever you try and pin it down, it is already bigger by its very nature) therefore if there is an infinite amount of planets and some aren't populated there is still an infinite amount of people because of the nature of infinity if some of the planets don't have a population on some will but they're both infinite amounts, so you have an infinite amount of unpopulated planets and populated planets at the same time :) making an infinite population for an infinite amount of species.

Its probably something to do with quantum :p

Ginnel

Explorer
On another less scientific note, I bought running trainers today :)

only a mere £63

http://www.saucony.co.uk/shoe/shoepics/200031.jpg

and 2 weeks into the no-booze-athon, debating about not allowing myself to drink at the beer festival I'm attending next week, should be easier since I'm not a fan of ciders, bitters or milds.

Also signed up to a GP, put an order for Forgotten Realm 4th ed campaign setting with my friendly local gaming store and got my 360 back and repaired busy day :)

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Though - is the mini-blackhole even a goal? I thought the tests were more related to finding some exotic, only predicted by theory but not actually observed, type of elemental particle?

The tests were about making/detecting something that could be considered "dark matter" but it had the possibility of creating a black hole as an added bonus (because the scientists wanted to be metal).

Mr. Beef

First Post
Morning, Afternoon or Evening Hive (Depends on where you live),

I went for a job interview earlier today and I am hoping for the best. It's at one of the chain discount stores around me called Target. I know they are across the United States, but not sure about overseas.

I'm afraid that I might have shot myself in the foot on some of the questions, but I made it through the end of round two of the interviews and now is the waiting game. If I get the call all I have to do is pass a drug test and I have the job. The drug test should be no trouble because all the medications I take are prescription only and I get them from the same store I interviewed at.

If my competition is any indication of the calibur of the people they were looking to hire then I am the best of the bunch. One guy had his pants down so low that even his shirt did not cover them. The other had a giant tattoo from chin, down his neck to his chest of either the Paramedic Symbol or the Red Hot Chili Peppers symbol (it was hard to tell from my PoV.)

I picked up the first season of the television show Babylon 5 from a Half-Price Books, and I watched the first two episodes. The first one was great, but the second one Soul Hunter was really awful. It was so bad it almost made my face look like this :eek: at the end of the episode.

Right now I'm off to look for shoes on E-Bay. I need to find some good all purpose running, walking, cross training shoes. When your feet are a Size 14D finding good shoes is sometimes hard.

More later,

Mr. Beef

Mr. Beef

First Post
Back from looking at shoes.

It appears that there are so many fancy styles of shoes in my size that I cannot pick one. There are like 13 pages on E-Bay that have the auctions in my size and width. Maybe towards the end of the month I'll pick some up, but right now I have to wait to see how the job search is coming up.

That's all for now. More later.

Mr. Beef

Remove ads