Scales of War #1 Rescue at Rivenroar (Full)

larryfinnjr

First Post
Hey everyone, I just hope you realize that -I- am a little smarter than Velani (though not by much...). I'm really enjoying playing the character, even if she's not the most effective. If it's too much or you think is putting too much of a strain on things, please please let me know, either publically or privately. I'll gladly ratchet her back.

She makes me giggle. :)

And I LOVE Freggo's thoughts about her... truly. I laughed out loud just now when I read "Freggo considers a solo career."

Anywho, just wanted you to know, or at least try to convey, that -I'm- not a total yutz... I'm just playing one (well, not a TOTAL yutz, but rather a knuckle-dragger who's had her head hit a few times too many [INT 10, WIS 8]). :)

tiornys

Explorer
No worries :) Velani amuses me too. Besides, if I were to ascribe her hotheadedness to you, I'd have to claim Ah-shahran's loose sanity, and I'm not quite willing to go there ;)

Also, BBQ sounds awesome! I'll trade you a visit to the slopes in the summer, when there's no snow on the road (I've remembered my mom's actual complaint--people who didn't know how to drive in snow) and less risk of injury (btw, ouch!).

Goken100

First Post
Hey everyone, I just hope you realize that -I- am a little smarter than Velani (though not by much...). I'm really enjoying playing the character, even if she's not the most effective. If it's too much or you think is putting too much of a strain on things, please please let me know, either publically or privately. I'll gladly ratchet her back.

She makes me giggle. :)

And I LOVE Freggo's thoughts about her... truly. I laughed out loud just now when I read "Freggo considers a solo career."

Anywho, just wanted you to know, or at least try to convey, that -I'm- not a total yutz... I'm just playing one (well, not a TOTAL yutz, but rather a knuckle-dragger who's had her head hit a few times too many [INT 10, WIS 8]). :)

Hehe, no worries, Velani's super fun. I always love situations where I can challenge Freggo's idea of being a dashing hero. But Freggo will always back Velani up because he loves her noble goals. (Really he'll back up everyone, just saying he thinks Velani is cool.)

larryfinnjr

First Post
FWIW...

regarding the charging drake vs. Freggo....I went over this with 2 of my well-versed guys here...some of what's written below depends on exactly how the drake's attack is written......

readied action = equals immediate reaction, vice interrupt (interrupts stop movement, reactions happen after trigger occurs)
trigger = creature comes into melee range

charge = first equals movement
attack = ?? if the attack states "the creature charges and makes two XX attacks (listed as a seperate entry in the monster block)", then...
- after the movement brings the drake into melee contact w/ Freggo, he gets his swing, and then his shift
- because Freggo is now out of range and movement has ENDED, the creature cannot attack him

if however attack = "creature charges and makes two attacks while charging" (i.e. at any time [otherwise, why include charging inside the actual attack - it's a modifier under certain movement conditions...here, it provides the creature to attack while en route]), THEN...
- creature movement, Freggo attack, Freggo shift, creature continues movement, creature makes its attacks

what a crazy scenario to have to break down into micro-seconds.... :)

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
FWIW...

regarding the charging drake vs. Freggo....I went over this with 2 of my well-versed guys here...some of what's written below depends on exactly how the drake's attack is written......

readied action = equals immediate reaction, vice interrupt (interrupts stop movement, reactions happen after trigger occurs)
trigger = creature comes into melee range

charge = first equals movement
attack = ?? if the attack states "the creature charges and makes two XX attacks (listed as a seperate entry in the monster block)", then...
- after the movement brings the drake into melee contact w/ Freggo, he gets his swing, and then his shift
- because Freggo is now out of range and movement has ENDED, the creature cannot attack him

if however attack = "creature charges and makes two attacks while charging" (i.e. at any time [otherwise, why include charging inside the actual attack - it's a modifier under certain movement conditions...here, it provides the creature to attack while en route]), THEN...
- creature movement, Freggo attack, Freggo shift, creature continues movement, creature makes its attacks

what a crazy scenario to have to break down into micro-seconds.... :)

Nah- I don't see that...

Reaction: An immediate reaction lets you act in response to a trigger. The triggering action, event, or condition occurs and is completely resolved before you take your reaction, except that you can interrupt a creature’s movement. If a creature triggers your immediate reaction while moving (by coming into range, for example), you take your action before the creature finishes moving but after it has moved at least 1 square.

Whereas-

Interrupt: An immediate interrupt lets you jump in when a certain trigger condition arises, acting before the trigger resolves. If an interrupt invalidates a triggering action, that action is lost. For example, an enemy makes a melee attack against you, but you use a power that lets you shift away as an immediate interrupt. If your enemy can no longer reach you, the enemy’s attack action is lost.

So, on an Interrupt you can shift away, although note it says- 'if your enemy can no longer reach you'... which implies of course that it can continue moving (or else it's only talking about reach or ranged).

Furthermore, this from Opportunity Attack-

Interrupts Target’s Action: An opportunity action takes place before the target finishes its action. After the opportunity attack, the creature resumes its action. If the target is reduced to 0 hit points or fewer by the opportunity attack, it can’t finish its action because it’s dead or dying.

So, it seems, the Drake charges Freggo- Freggo Immediate Reaction to enter threatening square- attack, then shifts, Drake continues action.

Cheers PDR

Thanee

First Post
[MENTION=99210]larryfinnjr[/MENTION]: It's a bit more complicated than "delay until after Freggo". :eek:

The "problem" is, that the second Shift, Freggo can do (which will then bring it on the other side of the beast) happens as part of his attack, so in order for both to gain Combat Advantage, Velani must be in front of the drake already, when this happens. :)

So, the ideal action would be to move on your turn, and then Ready to attack after Freggo.

This is a bit hard to describe in fluff-words, hence the OOC description. :lol:

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
[MENTION=16069]Goonalan[/MENTION]: Not sure, but you might be mixing the two Drakes a bit there...

"Drake #1-
Drake #2- 58 HP damage Taken- Bloodied. Quarry (Kyalia).

Drake #1- Charge Freggo. Freggo Readied Action- Luring Strike Drake #1- Miss & Shift back 1. Charge Combat Advantage Freggo- Hit & Miss 9 damage.

Drake #2- Move Y8- spot the crowd. Charge Gorm- Raking Charge- Hit & Hit, 8 & 9 damage- need one attack to do 10 damage- no effect on Gorm. Readied Action Ah-shahran Twin Panthers Drake #2- Miss and Crit 12 damage- Bloodied.

Viator- Double Move (Run) to -A6. Action Point (1). Dimensional Scramble Drake #1- Miss.

Kyalia- Twin Strike Quarry Drake #1- Miss & Hit 10 damage."

If #1 is the Drake near Freggo and Velani (which would be the one that took the tons of damage initially), then Viator and Kyalia attacked #2. :)

Bye
Thanee

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
[MENTION=16069]Goonalan[/MENTION]: Not sure, but you might be mixing the two Drakes a bit there...

"Drake #1-
Drake #2- 58 HP damage Taken- Bloodied. Quarry (Kyalia).

Drake #1- Charge Freggo. Freggo Readied Action- Luring Strike Drake #1- Miss & Shift back 1. Charge Combat Advantage Freggo- Hit & Miss 9 damage.

Drake #2- Move Y8- spot the crowd. Charge Gorm- Raking Charge- Hit & Hit, 8 & 9 damage- need one attack to do 10 damage- no effect on Gorm. Readied Action Ah-shahran Twin Panthers Drake #2- Miss and Crit 12 damage- Bloodied.

Viator- Double Move (Run) to -A6. Action Point (1). Dimensional Scramble Drake #1- Miss.

Kyalia- Twin Strike Quarry Drake #1- Miss & Hit 10 damage."

If #1 is the Drake near Freggo and Velani (which would be the one that took the tons of damage initially), then Viator and Kyalia attacked #2. :)

Bye
Thanee

Drake #1 is also bloodied and has taken 55 points of damage, I didn't put that on as it happened prior to the start of combat- in the free missile attack round.

But he does have a big bloodied token on him (on both of the Drakes actually), Drake #1 hasn't taken a hit since then however...

Corrected in the next update.

As to the Freggo/Velani action- please message Larry to get it right...

Cheers PDR

Remove ads