Scales of War #1 Rescue at Rivenroar (Full)

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Yay Kali/hairychin! Just so long as you don't remember that it's like helping a cow and you decide to reach in and grab the baby...... LOL

I'm purposely not posting in IC, since it's quite clear Velani's not in control of herself...

Velani is having her child... otherwise all is well with the world, feel free to scream and shout, and... well use your imagination.

The rest of you guys this is a skill challenge-

Success= Birth.

Failure= ?

Go for it.

And as to what happened... first things first- Uncle Ah-shahran, it has a nice ring to it.

tiornys

Explorer
Ya know, I think I'm going to have to retrain my skills so Heal is actually trained. I'll probably have to lose Nature for it, but someone else has that covered, right?

Also, wow!

RavenBlackthorne, remember that Cast Fortune will apply to skill checks you make in the challenge. 10, 13, 13, so whatever you do will likely work ;)

t~

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
A word about Skill Challenges- past, present and future. I know you like to use the skills that you are good at but... well, consider this- I want the story to go on and you want the story to go on.

The story will go on. Bad results result in '?' and not the end of the story, not even anything too bad sometimes (although not all the time).

So roleplay is good, always makes me want to give bonuses to any roll you make.

And there are plenty of other ways of using the various skills, for example-

Acrobatics- I should imagine that a degree of manual dexterity is needed to ensure the child doesn't suffocate and die (strangled by the umbilical cord).

Athletics- as acrobatics really, and for Velani to PUSH!

Bluff- to chat and calm Velani down...

Diplomacy- see Bluff.

Endurance- certainly of use for Velani, as demonstrated previously.

Heal- obvious really.

History- anyone remember anything about childbirth, undoubtedly some of you have been around for the birth of siblings, or else witnessed other such events in the past- maybe.

Intimidate- if things are going bad then a little bit of tough talk wouldn't hurt matters, nice speech to go with it and good as gold... Velani my be panicking, hysterical.

Nature- as demonstrated by Kyalia.

Perception- how are things going down there, take a look- see what needs to be done next etc.

Religion- can't imagine that a prayer or two would go amiss at this point.

Go for it people...

And leave the mystery till the present dilemma is resolved.

Cheers PDR

larryfinnjr

First Post
Hmmm... well you did so well there, Paul...

How bout Thievery? "That's not your baby! It's mine!"

Or Dungeoneering? ewwwwwwww......

Perception? "Look! A baby! Wow!"

Could Velani Intimidate herself? :)

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
With regard to the skill challenge, the main reason I wanted to use Insight (along with it being a good skill!) was that a woman suddenly being in term and popping the babe out is a rather unusual circumstance and I wanted to know if there was anything that would help solve the puzzle of how that came about in case it did help with the present delivery. However, I hear your concerns and am back on the birth partnering!

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
With regard to the skill challenge, the main reason I wanted to use Insight (along with it being a good skill!) was that a woman suddenly being in term and popping the babe out is a rather unusual circumstance and I wanted to know if there was anything that would help solve the puzzle of how that came about in case it did help with the present delivery. However, I hear your concerns and am back on the birth partnering!

I figured that, not an issue- just get through the birth and then onto other stuff...

tiornys

Explorer
Yes indeed. Hope the season is going well for everyone! I am away from home for the next week+. I should have internet access, but it might be more sporadic than normal.

t~

Remove ads