Scales of War #1 Rescue at Rivenroar PCs

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Attached a L2 version of Ah-shahran. Since I know that not everyone has D&DI, I also included a summary for myself and for Velani. I'll update my message-board friendly layout when we actually level (and I'm glad you like that layout, [MENTION=83060]RavenBlackthorne[/MENTION] :) ).
[sblock=Ah-shahran Summary]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Ah-shahran, level 2
Deva, Shaman/Warlord
Companion Spirit (Hybrid) Option: Elemental Spirit (Hybrid)
Hybrid Shaman Option: Hybrid Shaman Will
Warlord Leadership Option: Combat Leader (Hybrid)
Hybrid Warlord Option: Hybrid Warlord Will
Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)
Theme: Seer

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 13, DEX 10, INT 18, WIS 18, CHA 11

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 13, DEX 10, INT 16, WIS 16, CHA 11

AC: 17 Fort: 12 Ref: 15 Will: 17
HP: 35 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 8

TRAINED SKILLS
Insight +10, Nature +10, Perception +10, Religion +12

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +1, Arcana +5, Athletics +0, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +5, Endurance +2, Heal +5, History +7, Intimidate +1, Stealth +1, Streetwise +1, Thievery +1

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Seer Utility: Cast Fortune
Deva Racial Power: Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
Shaman Feature: Call Spirit Companion
Shaman Feature: Healing Spirit
Shaman Feature: Speak with Spirits
Warlord Feature: Inspiring Word
Shaman Attack 1: Spirit Infusion
Warlord Attack 1: Direct the Strike
Shaman Attack 1: Twin Panthers
Shaman Attack 1: Spirit of the Healing Flood
Invoker Attack 1: Hand of Radiance
Warlord Utility 2: Adaptive Stratagem

FEATS
Level 1: Spirit of Vigor
Level 2: Acolyte of Divine Secrets

ITEMS
Leather Armor x1
Adventurer's Kit
Potion of Healing (heroic tier)
====== End ======[/sblock]
[sblock=Velani Summary]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Velani, level 2
Human, Paladin (Cavalier)
Virtue: Virtue of Valor
Human Power Selection Option: Heroic Effort
Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)
Theme: Guardian

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 18, CON 10, DEX 11, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 17

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 16, CON 10, DEX 11, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 17

AC: 21 Fort: 18 Ref: 16 Will: 17
HP: 39 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 11

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +6, Diplomacy +9, Endurance +2, Heal +5, History +6, Intimidate +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics –3, Arcana +1, Bluff +4, Dungeoneering +0, Insight +0, Nature +0, Perception +0, Religion +1, Stealth –3, Streetwise +4, Thievery –3

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Guardian Attack: Guardian's Counter
Human Racial Power: Heroic Effort
Multiple Class Utility: Defender Aura
Paladin Attack: Holy Smite
Paladin Attack: Righteous Radiance
Paladin Utility: Righteous Shield
Warlord Feature: Inspiring Word
Paladin Attack 1: Valiant Strike
Paladin Attack 1: Vengeful Strike
Endurance Utility 2: Grit and Spittle

FEATS
Level 1: Improved Defenses
Level 1: Heavy Blade Expertise
Level 2: Student of Battle

ITEMS
Plate Armor x1
Heavy Shield x1
Longsword
Widow's knife
Adventurer's Kit
Challenge-Seeking Longsword +1 x1
====== End ======[/sblock]

Does this make him a Shaman/Warlord/Invoker?

Very clever...

Cheers PDR

tiornys

Explorer
Does this make him a Shaman/Warlord/Invoker?

Very clever...

Cheers PDR
Yes indeed :D I'll be going Flame of Hope if we make it to paragon. I can't claim full credit as I'm stealing a lot of ideas from a CharOp build called Flameswitch, but on the other hand, this is basically a full leader variant of the first hybrid character I built (Shaman|Wizard/Invoker).

t~

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
Hi guys. A little advice? Going to train out Force Punch I think. Dishearten, or Mind Thrust to replace it?
Also just seen the new Neverwinter Themes and Iliyanbrau is looking good for my teleporting Psion. And ultimately less confusing then the Noble Adept. No extra power point though :(
Also unsure whether to swap my Wis and Cha scores
Thoughts?

tiornys

Explorer
Hi guys. A little advice? Going to train out Force Punch I think. Dishearten, or Mind Thrust to replace it?
Given those choices, I personally vote for Mind Thrust. I'd love to add another ranged basic to my arsenal ;)

Kinetic Trawl is the other option for an RBA, although (like Force Punch) it's somewhat redundant with what Dimensional Scramble can do.

Of course, Dishearten with a strong Charisma is the best control power on the entire Psion list. I certainly won't fault you if you go that route.

Also unsure whether to swap my Wis and Cha scores
Thoughts?
Are you wanting to stick with a telekinetic style build? And if so, are you planning to set up for zone abuse? TK psions can set up so that they create damaging zones and then force enemies to trigger them, but if you aren't going to do that, then I don't see the Wis-based riders doing very much for you. Many of the better TK powers (like Dimensional Scramble) just don't care about Wis; the best TP powers care very, very much about Cha.

t~

Goken100

First Post
Wow, tiornys, you really know your stuff! Not much left to add. :)

Raven, if you are going to swap your stats to have Cha higher and Wis lower, I'd just ask does that makes sense for the character? That's the geeky roleplayer in me talking. :)

(The geeky roleplayer in me sometimes gets beat up by the power gamer in me, but the roleplaying side really hams it up dramatic-death-scene style, so everyone's happy.)

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
To be honest I don't really want to stat change an I really like the TK image for Viator. So I'll stick with it if there are wisdom uses. What builds have you seen, tiornys? Just so I can get an idea. I'm so new at Psions. Theme ok?

Alternatively if you can give suggestions? I like the idea of Viator bounding about relaunching and throwing others around etc

tiornys

Explorer
To be honest I don't really want to stat change an I really like the TK image for Viator. So I'll stick with it if there are wisdom uses. What builds have you seen, tiornys? Just so I can get an idea. I'm so new at Psions. Theme ok?

Alternatively if you can give suggestions? I like the idea of Viator bounding about relaunching and throwing others around etc
No builds per se. I did a search on the Compendium for "Psion Wisdom", and formed an impression based on the heroic tier powers I looked at. Mostly, Wis came into play as an amount of forced movement, or as an amount of damage dealt in a zone. These things have synergy ;)

Nothing wrong with keeping your stats they way they are. Wisdom can definitely matter.

I haven't seen the full theme, but based on the gameday preview, it looks to be right up your alley.

t~

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
I had a little look and it would seem that the kinetic side of Psions is a little undersupported. But I like the idea too much to care. I just don't want to let the side down as the only controller.

Last edited:

Remove ads