• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scarred Lands: Ask the Sage [New and Improved!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Der,

Yes. I am. It will take me a while to check EVERYTHING but I'll have a feat listing for the setting/accessories/adventures along with what's in the player's Guide. This will be long I assure you.

Errata I could link up for some but I will at least post my own little errata for some.

Last edited:

Nightfall

Creamsteak said:
Wish I could close this for you, but I nolonger maintain that power. However, I do have a general sort of opinion question for you:

I'm changing the guard, switching out the dieties and Denev from the setting and replacing them with the Lords of Evil and Celestial Paragons from the BoVD and BoED respectively. This is because I've always found the Gods in SL very dull and havn't had much fun with them. I'm also replacing the Slarecians with the Illthidkind and having them segregated to the plane of shadow by the gods and titans, because I wanted a more "active" psionic enemy in the world. Something with more open history as well (plus gives me an excuse for some cthulhu goodness).

The titans however, in all their awesomeness are staying the same.

One problem I've had with my game is that I explored the whole world of Ghelspad (and parts of Termana) far too quickly over the 6-8 months we played in the Scarred Lands. I want to start from scratch with Ghelspad, but I'm going to be refitting the continent piece by piece into a completely different order. For instance, Calastia might still exist, but in a very different region of the world. I'm also adding some drop-in cities like Scuttlecove from Dungeon 95. I "may" be using a free map as a replacement for the Ghelspad map if I can't find a completely blank or very different version of Ghelspad...

Got any ideas or advice to apply to my proposed changes?
Yeah. I think adding the Celestial Paragon is BAD!!! :p But otherwise whatever man. Also you could just make some places like the Plaguelands MUCH worse by inflicting MORE disease and stuff.

Fedifensor

Explorer
The Scarred Lands seems to skimp on the rogue prestige classes. Almost the only place you can find them is Rangers and Rogues. Even then, most of the rogue classes are focused on combat capability instead of more subtle methods.

NarlethDrider

First Post
In the old "A.t.S." you stated how you applied class levels & templates to narleths to 'help 'em out'----any chance of you posting them here or in the rogue's gallery?:D

Nightfall

Fedifensor said:
The Scarred Lands seems to skimp on the rogue prestige classes. Almost the only place you can find them is Rangers and Rogues. Even then, most of the rogue classes are focused on combat capability instead of more subtle methods.
Well Courtasen of Idra is kind of subtle. Plus there's Lady of Serpents, along with Shade Touched, Halfling Stalker, Khilharman League Envoy, and of course Relic Hunter. I'm also sure that we'll see more in future suppliments.

NarlethDrider said:
In the old "A.t.S." you stated how you applied class levels & templates to narleths to 'help 'em out'----any chance of you posting them here or in the rogue's gallery?:D
Don't worry I'll get to it.

Nightfall

Feats and one new skill

I couldn't decide exactly how to sort this folks, so here goes. Product instead of type BUT I will of course use the standard (what kind of feat is) deal.

R&R1:

[Metamagic] Chain Spell: You can cast spells that arc at secondary targets.
pg 25

[Metamagic] Hide Spell: You cast evocation spells that are invisible and inaudible pg 25

Ritual Casting: (Con Trained only, Armor Check penalty, Primary Spellcasters only, Cross class for Rangers and Paladins) pg 128

Hollowfaust:

[General] Icy Calm: You are used the seeing some truly frightening things. Thus little can shock or scare you. pg 54

[General] Dire Threats: You are adept in making some very nasty threats and with your knowledge of death, increase the chances people will do what you say. pg 54

[General] [Fighter] Finishing Strike: You are adept at finishing off opponents in combat quickly. pg 62

[Side note: This feat is also found in Player's Guide to Fighters and Barbarians]

Stopping for now but next post or editing will have more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads