• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scarred Lands: Ask the Sage [New and Improved!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brennin Magalus

First Post
In another thread I noticed one of your PCs (or NPCs) had levels in topaz knight (IIRC). What is that?

Brennin

PS Do you think you could teach me how to pimp? My board is as slow as golden molasses. :)

Last edited:

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Brennin Magalus said:
In another thread I noticed one of your PCs (or NPCs) had levels in topaz knight (IIRC). What is that?

Brennin
Topaz Knight is my own creation. It along with Diamond Knight, Ruby Knight, Emerald Knight and Sapphire Knight are a new order, the Knights of the Gems, which I created partly as my Madrielite Paladin wanted a Pr-class because nothing suited him. The other reason was, at time, there weren't a lot of Madrielite specific paladin Pr-classes. So I created my own. Silas is the Topas Knight, a rarity much like seeing the first Silver Knight, or some other member of Corean's swords for the first time. The Topaz knight focuses on trying to forge bonds through diplomacy while also fighting undead. Thus they are natural leaders and also deadly foes to undead. Other than that, there's not much else to them.

Brennin Magalus said:
PS Do you think you could teach me how to pimp? My board is as slow as golden molasses. :)
Simple.
TYPE

ALL

THE

TIME.

:)

Last edited:

Nightfall

Anyone else have questions?

(Sorry I got a copy of Hordes of Underdark folks...needed to slake my killing thirst with righteous smiting. So far though, it's only barely helping. :p :) )

Torillan

First Post
Nightfall said:
Anyone else have questions?

(Sorry I got a copy of Hordes of Underdark folks...needed to slake my killing thirst with righteous smiting. So far though, it's only barely helping. :p :) )

[Raises hand] Here, professor. Speaking of Underdark, how about some tips on integrating an Underdark realm into the Scarred Lands? I have the Burok Torn book, but I never really liked the treatment of the Dark Elves. Seemed too limiting to me. Elements of it are good, but it left me wanting more. I want to stay away from the seemingly huge Underdark of the Forgotten Realms, although I'd like to have the Underdark reach at least between Ghelspad and Termana. Essentially, I'm looking to make the dark elves a more potent enemy of the surface.

Nightfall

Tor,

Well understand not everything in the Underdark even in FR revolved around dark elves. I mean there were/are colonies of Beholders, Illithids/Mind Flayers to name a few. But as for a large Underscarn (term I've come to use) consider the fact that a lot of change occurred, under, in, over, and around Scarn. So it makes for having a large living system like FR a little less likely. That being said there's no reason you could say have a large underdwelling that starts some 5 miles from the tip of the Fangsfall Pennisula to say the Gray Isle. Such a dwelling would easily dwarf most of the Faerunian Underdark. (I believe it easily would be over 4000 miles long.) However I think that being said, a LOT of Slacerian ruins would be there, possibly some leaks from the Blood Sea...I think you get my drift. The Dark elves are dying people, Tor. They can barely hold on to the god they have. So for now I don't see them straying to new gods any more than the forsaken elves would leave That Which Abides. However if you want more dark elves, be my guest. But between what already lies above the surface and the fact most of the Underscarns were owned by Slacerians...doesn't make seem likely they could carve out the niches like their brethren else where...

Last edited:

Nightfall

Bumping this along...

Tor, hey if you want a mega underdark, be my guest. Just saying with all the changes, the sesimetic activity and what not, it's not a realistic thing to consider.

Acid_crash

First Post
Hey Sage Nightfall, Master of the Scarred Lands Universe and Ruler of all that pertains to Scarred Lands, How's it going?

There's a good question for ya. :D

Thanks for all the information. How do you find all the time to write all this for us and play the game and have a day job all at the same time???

twobadcats

First Post
Acid_crash said:
Hey Sage Nightfall, Master of the Scarred Lands Universe and Ruler of all that pertains to Scarred Lands, How's it going?

Thanks for all the information. How do you find all the time to write all this for us and play the game and have a day job all at the same time???

Here's an easy question (I hope).:)

What book(s) do I need to kick off a Scarred Lands campaign. Some friends of mine have two of the creature collection books, plus Relics and Rituals, but these don't seem to have a lot of detail on the world. However, what I've seen (Ratmen! Wierd undead!) makes me think it'd be an interesting setting for my D&D group to explore. What's the book I'm looking for to provide more info?

Adlon

Mortality.net
twobadcats said:

What book(s) do I need to kick off a Scarred Lands campaign. Some friends of mine have two of the creature collection books, plus Relics and Rituals, but these don't seem to have a lot of detail on the world. However, what I've seen (Ratmen! Wierd undead!) makes me think it'd be an interesting setting for my D&D group to explore. What's the book I'm looking for to provide more info?

From the start you have, I'd suggest:

Scarred Lands Gazeteer: Ghelspad
The SLCS: Ghelspad hardcover
Divine & Defeated

Those 3 will give you a good start.

Nightfall

Acid_crash said:

Well you got two out of three. ;) I don't have a job. I don't have much in the way of a social life (except on the occasional weekend). Nor do have many other hobbies. So this is my life.

twobadcats said:

I'd pretty much side with Adlon on this. The CC books are great (provided you get CC Revised, not CC 1. CC 2 is still useful even in 3.5), but those three cover the landscape pretty well. Also if you want more insight into some intergral stuff check out Wise and the Wicked. (A who's who of some of the more interesting and well known NPCs through out the Scarred Lands. Well Ghelspad at least.) That along with Secrets and Societies do well to cover some of the more interesting aspects of Ghelspad. (Plus you'll get 3/4ths of the Swords of Corean Pr-classes in doing so.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads