• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scarred Lands: Ask the Sage [This keeps up, I'm gonna need a bigger notebook!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cithindril

First Post
Wow, thanks for the heads-up...the site looks to be much improved! They must have just made the change this evening because I was on the site earlier today and it was still the old format.

**EDIT**

Although on closer examination, should I be worried that under RPG's on the left-hand side EVERY other SSS product is listed with the glaring omission of the Scarred Lands? Everquest, Dragonmech, Warcraft, Ravenloft, Necromancer Games, Malhavoc Games and Gamma World are all present and accounted for, but there isn't a listing for SL.

What Gives Please?!?

Last edited:

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Hi,

I am pretty curious what has been said about Dragon Lands too.
Anyone has any info?

Pity about R&R 3 and Asherak. Those were products I was actually interested in, even after numerous disappointments.

Scarred lands might be as good as dead, but then again White Wolf hasn't ever been company with ability to give information (or erratas) to their customer base. It does seem though they intend to see Scarred Lands fading away.

I just wish to see those ramaining continent book plus one R&R and maybe one C&C more.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Few more things. Sorry, these are negative thoughts.

I dislike new Sword&Sorcery webpage. It is too slow, confusing, and requires plug-in I don't use with my browser.

There isn't Scarred Lands pages anymore, though that title appears under fiction. Feels dangerously they are trying kill the world behind our pack and deleted even old web-pages stuff. These of course may be just happenings with update that will be corrected, but recent events have made me feel a bit paranoid.

I really would like to know as buying customer do they intend to take our support away if they stop putting out new books for this world. If they do that I will never ever buy single item white wolf or it's side companies put out.
Or hell, maybe later I don't care.

Come on, I can understand if there won't be new books, but that's hardly good excuse to close down web support and errata that was out there for those published products I and many other people bought. All I could find was few of the excerpts.

Cithindril

First Post
I just noticed that there is a link on the left-hand slide toward the bottom called Old SSS Website that takes you to all of the previous material. Still, I really have to wonder when one of SSS biggest product lines doesn't get it's own area on the new webpage. Hopefully it is only an oversight that will be corrected soon..

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Alright firstly, I do like the new design. Why? Mostly cause the forums MAKE sense. (In that they work like forums ought to)

The new java chats, decent.

I will agree though they haven't quite "separated" the WoD from S&SS/d20 stuff. It's pretty annoying in that respect.

Zelda, believe me I don't think they are killing off Scarred Lands. Can I say that with 100% certainly? No not at this moment. But I will say the moment this is confirmed or denied, you and the rest of the world will know. At the moment I believe otherwise.

While the release schedule does help to support that idea, bear in mind WotC does the SAME damn thing for a lot of its stuff that supposed to be "released". I won't believe anything until I hear it from sources.

Regarding the Dragon lands. The last I heard, they were an archipelgo far to the west of Ghelspad. I don't know much more than that.

Also while there's been no confirmed sign, I don't believe either R&R 3 or CC 4 has been canceled. They have been put on hiatus (at least R&R 3 is. I don't know about CC 4.) We'll see what comes folks.

Cithindril

First Post
Speaking of Scarred Lands release information, have any of the GENCON attendees heard anything from the White Wolf representatives. I wasn't lucky enough to make it this year :( but would love any details that are available.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
So far I think it's mostly a lovefest with their WoD2 thing. So not sure we'll hear much S&SS stuff.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Nightfall said:
I have to agree with Danat. While I don't know all the details I am sure both R&R III and the SLCS: Asherak are either in hiatus or cancelled. We'll see.

If either of those things are true, that's a damn shame.

I think the quality of work has gone down but there are some mighty fine gems in those books and R&R III was one I was really looking forward to. If it is cancelled, I hope that they revise the first book and include as much of the III as they can.

danant

First Post
Hmmmm..

According to the news from GenCon on www.gamingreport.com we will see almost nothing new form SL line... :(

Scarred Lands only had the announcement of Strange Lands & Lost Tribes of the Scarred Lands, which focuses on describing the places and peoples of some of the more isolated regions.

I'm afraid that if SL is not dead by now it's in deep agony...

I do think that if you cancel a project you were talking about (namely Asherak, R&R III or CCIV) you are obliged to inform about it. Let's say that's the matter of savoir vivre (sp?)

Sad.

Regards,
d.

Nightfall - please, call me danant

thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads