• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Science Fiction Comics

your father is

First Post
Seems like there's something of a mini renaissance, what with Remender's excellent Fear Agent, Casey's Godland, and Niles and Jane's Bad Planet coming up. I also liked Adam Strange and Space Ghost at DC.

So, what do people think of what's out there right now, and what else should I be reading?

Richards

Legend
I'm not up on my current science fiction comics, but if you feel like hitting the back-issue bins, I was always fond of John Carter, Warlord of Mars and Killraven (based on H. G. Wells' "War of the Worlds").

Johnathan

Klaus

First Post
On the theme of old comics:

Alien Legion - It's kinda like the roman legions, but made up mostly by aliens, and it's in space! If only it had monkeys, dinosaurs, pirates and ninja, it'd be perfect! :)

Gilgamesh II - A graphic novel I read when I was 14, and thought it was very cool.

Camelot 3000 - It's the year 3000, and Earth is being invaded by aliens. Surely, it is also England's darkest hour, so The Once And Future King makes a comeback. King Arthur with Excalibur and a laser pistol!

Villano

First Post
Richards said:
I'm not up on my current science fiction comics, but if you feel like hitting the back-issue bins, I was always fond of John Carter, Warlord of Mars and Killraven (based on H. G. Wells' "War of the Worlds").

Johnathan

You don't need to look in the back issue bins for Killraven. It's being released as an "Essential". Volume 1 is out now (I have no idea how long the series ran, so I don't know if there's going to be a Vol. 2).

Dark Hose also had a John Carter of Mars mini-series in the '90s. It might have been a cross-over with their (excellent) Tarzan series.

Remove ads