Science Fiction: Greatest TV Shows Part III

Hex08

Hero
Rewatching Dark Angel (Cameron/Alba/Weatherly/etc ..) for the first time in a decade or so, and am about 2/3rds of the way through season 1. It is holding up really well so far. I remember some changes in season 2 in terms of characters and focus, so I'll see how my opinion changes.

It's also pretty amazing to be reminded how LGBTQ+ open that first season was (from Original Cindy to Normal's girlfriend).
I remember so wanting to like Dark Angel when it was first released and it just not grabbing me. Maybe I should give it a try again.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Rewatching Dark Angel (Cameron/Alba/Weatherly/etc ..) for the first time in a decade or so, and am about 2/3rds of the way through season 1. It is holding up really well so far. I remember some changes in season 2 in terms of characters and focus, so I'll see how my opinion changes.

It's also pretty amazing to be reminded how LGBTQ+ open that first season was (from Original Cindy to Normal's girlfriend).
I liked Dark Angel for its superhero premise though it did get a bit silly in season 2, with Dogboy and the Starfish man (albeit that was a Halloween special). The Vampire Medic and the Heuristic stalker were interesting storylines.

What is the probability of us being here right now?
100% because we’re here, its already happened

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Finished rewatching Dark Angel season 2 for the first time in ages.

I found the various non-human looking transgenics didn't seem that bad and liked the way it embraced where it was going in that regard. But maybe part of that was how reasonable they seemed compared to some of the other powers (like Brain's) that seemed silly for what they were claimed to be. (Maybe fine in something with more about general psi-powers, but not for what they were saying it was).

It felt like the cult was the weak link -- I wonder if part of that is me remembering how much I disliked the sequel book (iirc).
Was it a disease bringing comet that was supposed to kill everyone not bred right? Did it not even really come to pass? (It's been a long time).

I wonder if I would have thought the final episode fight was so full of out of place, inefficient, obvious "pro" wrestler moves if I didn't know Lita was a wrestler. I'm wondering at what point she was hurt in the filming.

I hated one character death.

Did Max originally live with Cindy before Kendra, or was there a continuity error about it.

That they abbreviated transgenics as trans made some parts painful given current irl politics. <comments snipped to avoid politics>

All in all, very enjoyable. I'm not sure they had a good place to go in a season 3 that would have been satisfying -
so maybe leaving it open
was the best ending.

Remove ads